• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Conventions in Connecticut???

7 posts in this topic

Are there any more comic book conventions in CT? If so, when and where? I'm just getting back into comic books after about 10 years and I have noticed that there don't seem to be any CT comic conventions anymore. I used to be able to find one at least once a month, but now I can't find any!

Thanks.

Hal Kinney runs a smaller show in East Hartford about once a month. It is at the Holiday Inn this coming Sunday the 28th. Good show. He recently moved it to the Holiday Inn from the Elks Hall where it had been held every month since 1975. Last show was packed with dealers and attendees.

You go? I have been going since 1976. Some really interesting folks there. My favorite dealer is Tony (has had an ad in Overstreet for many years, called Collector's Unlimited). Straight from Maine, always wearing the same oversized shirt and pants (unwashed, of course) with a rope belt. Nicest guy you will ever meet, with stacks of comics and magazines all unbagged or boarded. I got my Mystery Men 1 from him a couple of years ago.

Some legends of the hobby have set up there over the years. Ted was a regular, and Ron Goulart too. Ron is a walking history book of the hobby and can tell stories of buying early Golden Age right off the shelves. Bechara Malouf, Richie Muchin, Terry O'Neill and many others have also set up there.

It is very crowded now, but Hal is going to open up another adjoining room nearly in 2005.

I was at the last 2 cons that were held .

I used to go to "The Bookie" when I was a teen back in the late 70's and attended a couple of his conventions back then but had not gone to another one until this past year...

I met a couple of dealers there that seemed dedicated to this convention and said that they continue to set-up even though the venue has shrunk due to the move to the Holiday Inn...good to hear that he plans on expanding though...

I found a little bit of everything at the convention and found myself walking away with my arms full at both cons..

I talked to a guy from "??? Treasures" (I'm really bad with names) and was amazed at the GA stuff that he had on hand...I was really tempted to buy the Sungirl #1 that he had on hand ...he also had some really nice Caps that were simply astounding...maybe this weekend I'll pull the trigger...