• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

superior spiderman 29 orders closed

124 posts in this topic

Well after the op him self listed them on ebay for $90 what did you think would happen. I mean lets get real here the promoter like any will see that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Superior-Spider-Man-29-exclusive-J-Scott-Campbell-La-Mole-Comic-Con-Variant-/111300047624?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19e9fff308

This was a print back in the day ( 2009 ) So its been a great seller as far as the print go.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here. Are you saying that it's ok to back out on confirmed deals if you can sell them on eBay for more money? Or just expected?

More books were offered for sale in the thread after it was closed by the seller.

Were selling rules violated in that thread?

People were posting the :takeit: and receiving a confirmation post or private message from the seller....only to complain that their copies were sold out from under them because they didn't pay instantly. (tsk)

I think that happened in all those threads. The seller kept selling out and people kept asking for them causing a backlash of problems. When the seller says he's sold out, it should have ended there. If he says he may get more, then wait for him to post that he does have more, don't preemptively start asking for one or two or twenty. I know if I'm selling and I said the thread is closed…that means closed, not keep messaging me because I wasn't serious and all of a sudden I've pulled fresh comics out of my .

Well after the op him self listed them on ebay for $90 what did you think would happen. I mean lets get real here the promoter like any will see that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Superior-Spider-Man-29-exclusive-J-Scott-Campbell-La-Mole-Comic-Con-Variant-/111300047624?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19e9fff308

This was a print back in the day ( 2009 ) So its been a great seller as far as the print go.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here. Are you saying that it's ok to back out on confirmed deals if you can sell them on eBay for more money? Or just expected?

Who did he back out of deals on?

Several people :takeit:

He PM'ed those people with payment instructions.

If they didn't pay immediately, he sold the books to other people and then notified recipients that he had previously PM'ed with payment instructions "Sorry, the books are sold out"

That's a odd way of looking at what I said. ( good Job. )

What I am saying is that the dude thinks 1. its okay to sell the item here and on ebay. plus asking X amount that clearly the promoter or his supporter will see. there for as of today the show promoter has locked the amount of those who can by X amount... That why the action for the exclusive have limit the amount of qty per day now.

Now being that it is. posting a sale thread for a exclusive in this case. He should have completed all orders then waited tell Monday then list them if any was left. Greed has now back fired on him.

If anything he should take down his ebay listing and complete the deal with those on his thread.

For the point about selling on EBay and here, doesn't that go only if it's the exact same book? For instance, someone has 2 slabs of the same book, but sells one here and one on EBay.. I thought that was allowed?

before we start getting pitch forks and torches.

1 - here's the first post and the :takeit: rules

I am selling 4 copies

- If you are interested use :takeit: and PM

looking at the first posts, he sold copies those 4 and mentioned who they went to. People kept posting :takeit: signs despite the op not having any but mentioning he might.

2 - he posted he had 7 more

7 copies , an probably more later if use my ebay stash ...

Same rules please PM if you are interesting . I cant send you more than 5 copies ..

with the exception of Old Shady, when he posted the update that he had 7 copies left, which he sold out on. I only see him giving one other person and Shady the ^^ sign. - that is binding. I can't say that for everyone else, sorry

let's give him a chance to correct this - he does say he has an ebay stash, maybe he will use it to fill out orders, again he should fill out Old Shady.

3 - the guy is at the con today. so he's probably not seeing this thread, nor the PMs i'm sure he's gotten (i could be mistaken)

finally there is a language barrier here. It's evident that English is not his first language so there may have been some words left out to make it clearer what he intended etc. While he's probably had no issues with other sales threads, having a hot item and how payment/take it rules are different, communication is key, he made a mistake. My hope is that he makes those who have won items in his thread/PMs whole, including Shady and anyone else he PM stating that he had copies for them.

For the point about selling on EBay and here, doesn't that go only if it's the exact same book? For instance, someone has 2 slabs of the same book, but sells one here and one on EBay.. I thought that was allowed?

The op said no more to sale. but is selling on ebay. that again go back to his sale thread. were he said no more to sell :boo: