• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I shop at mvcomicshop

46 posts in this topic

We offer $4.95 flat rate shipping in the US. Your order was expensive enough to get bumped up to priority at the same price, but a lower valued order wouldn't go priority unless you picked it (and paid some extra).

So I got extra service at no extra cost? kool and da gang :banana:

One thing I have noticed with their auctions- CL and CC's auctions as well, is if you check out while the auction is in process, you jump the line. I imagine most people wait until after the auction is over and then they have many orders to fill. I skip the modern auction and by checking out early, seem to get my books much faster.

We offer $4.95 flat rate shipping in the US. Your order was expensive enough to get bumped up to priority at the same price, but a lower valued order wouldn't go priority unless you picked it (and paid some extra).

It's obvious that you have some pull with mycomicshop and that they give you preferential treatment. I'm tired of everyone around here with their little groups and cliques.

:jokealert:

$4.95 Priority shipping, the default option on their website.

$716.05 Subtotal

+ $21.49 3% Buyer's Premium on consignment/auction items

+ $4.95 Shipping

= $742.49 Total

So I have been trying to figure it out and maybe I'm not Googling hard enough, but what is the Buyer's Premium?

In this example, is the owner of the comic getting $716.05, MCS is getting $21.49, and shipping is $4.95? Is that how it works?

It's obvious that you have some pull with mycomicshop and that they give you preferential treatment. I'm tired of everyone around here with their little groups and cliques.

His "pull" was he bought a lot -- don't see anything wrong with that.

:jokealert:

$716.05 Subtotal

+ $4.95 Shipping

= $742.49 Total

So I have been trying to figure it out and maybe I'm not Googling hard enough, but what is the Buyer's Premium?

In this example, is the owner of the comic getting $716.05, MCS is getting $21.49, and shipping is $4.95? Is that how it works?

I believe...

Yes, no calling and getting told your check is in Josh's desk awaiting his signature, but he's in Bermuda for the week.

mycomicshop and Blazing Bob both pay at the speed of sound (thumbs u

$716.05 Subtotal

+ $4.95 Shipping

= $742.49 Total

I believe...

Typically myCS takes 10% from the consignor, 3% from the buyer, for 13% total. It's amongst the highest consignment fees in the business for items less than $300. Same as eBay when PayPal is used; only Heritage takes more. Over $300 they are more competitive.

It's a fee the buyer pays the consignee.

Can you put that into terms of the example? Like what dollar goes where and why?

well, take this dollar for example, you that take a percent of that dollar and that amount goes there, he takes that and that's the fee, that fee than goes there, that comes here, that percent goes there, this percent comes here.

see, pretty simple hey.

$716.05 Subtotal

+ $4.95 Shipping

= $742.49 Total

Owner of the comic(s) gets $716.05 minus our commission, which is 10% on sales up to $300, minimum of $5 per item. 8% $300 to $3000, 6% over $3K.

The $4.95 shipping and $21.49 3% buyers premium go to us.

$716.05 Subtotal

+ $4.95 Shipping

= $742.49 Total

Owner of the comic(s) gets $716.05 minus our commission, which is 10% on sales up to $300, minimum of $5 per item. 8% $300 to $3000, 6% over $3K.

The $4.95 shipping and $21.49 3% buyers premium go to us.

nah, that's to complicated, come on!!!

$716.05 Subtotal

+ $4.95 Shipping

= $742.49 Total

I believe...

Typically myCS takes 10% from the consignor, 3% from the buyer, for 13% total. It's amongst the highest consignment fees in the business for items less than $300. Same as eBay when PayPal is used; only Heritage takes more. Over $300 they are more competitive.

Heritage is 18.5% on both ends, so I'd say not amongst the highest. MCS has the lowest shipping of all. Comicconnect, while they don't have a buyers premium, hits the seller with a 10% como and usually an add;l 3% as they pass on the buyers credit card fees to the seller. Clink is 10% and #1 in my book once you get over $300 SA & GA books