• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I shop at mvcomicshop

46 posts in this topic

$4.95 Priority shipping, the default option on their website.

$716.05 Subtotal

+ $21.49 3% Buyer's Premium on consignment/auction items

+ $4.95 Shipping

= $742.49 Total

So I have been trying to figure it out and maybe I'm not Googling hard enough, but what is the Buyer's Premium?

In this example, is the owner of the comic getting $716.05, MCS is getting $21.49, and shipping is $4.95? Is that how it works?

I believe...

Typically myCS takes 10% from the consignor, 3% from the buyer, for 13% total. It's amongst the highest consignment fees in the business for items less than $300. Same as eBay when PayPal is used; only Heritage takes more. Over $300 they are more competitive.

Heritage is 18.5% on both ends, so I'd say not amongst the highest. MCS has the lowest shipping of all. Comicconnect, while they don't have a buyers premium, hits the seller with a 10% como and usually an add;l 3% as they pass on the buyers credit card fees to the seller. Clink is 10% and #1 in my book once you get over $300 SA & GA books

Great points, they definitely do a good all around job... Did not know that about CConnect; thought Heritage was more in the 14% range. Still for $300-$3000 myCS is taking 11% which is more than say ComicLink, which true, passes on 3% credit card fee to buyer but they have a pay by check option and also very affordable shipping.

It seems like the people that win out most is PayPal and credit card companies.

I would love to order books from mycomicshop, but alas their system won't let me :(

I'm a Belgian collector, but I do have a US mailing address. I travel to the US a few times a year and then pick up the books and take them back with me I just don't want thousands of dollars worth of comics sent thousands of miles.

The trouble is that my billing adres ( either Paypal or credit card) is in Belgium and my shipping address is in the US and mycomicshop will only ship to the billing address of the credit card or Paypal account.

I contacted their customer service department, explained the situation and got this as a reply.

I'm sorry, but there are no exceptions

Sad really as in decades of buying comics in the US they are the only dealer/retailer that will not take my business. (shrug)

I would love to order books from mycomicshop, but alas their system won't let me :(

I'm a Belgian collector, but I do have a US mailing address. I travel to the US a few times a year and then pick up the books and take them back with me I just don't want thousands of dollars worth of comics sent thousands of miles.

The trouble is that my billing adres ( either Paypal or credit card) is in Belgium and my shipping address is in the US and mycomicshop will only ship to the billing address of the credit card or Paypal account.

I contacted their customer service department, explained the situation and got this as a reply.

Sad really as in decades of buying comics in the US they are the only dealer/retailer that will not take my business. (shrug)

You should be able to add your US address to your Paypal acct. Problem Solved

Just add a US address to your credit card. It is easy for a US cardholder to add another US address to their card. Hopefully, it would be just as easy for you.

Metro states they will only ship to the address listed on a credit card, so its not like MCS is the only one that does this.

$4.95 Priority shipping, the default option on their website.

$716.05 Subtotal

+ $21.49 3% Buyer's Premium on consignment/auction items

+ $4.95 Shipping

= $742.49 Total

That would be my main reason to never shop with them if 3%is added every single time.

Why? You just bid 3% less on the books. If you are willing to spend $100 on a book, you bid $97 and with the 3%, you have your book at less than your $100 bid. Eazzy Peezy.

My wins at Metro cost me 8.5% since I have to pay sales tax on them. Do you think I don't factor that into my bid?

How about the shipping? I won 14 books and MCS was $4.95. ComicConnect was $10.80 for shipping four slabs. Very cheap, but still double MCS. Don't you factor the shipping cost into your bids? I do.

Buyers Premiums, sales tax, shipping cost. All should be factored into your bid. Otherwise your $100 bid might cost you $130.

At MCS, the 3% is only on consignment items or auction wins.

Just add a US address to your credit card. It is easy for a US cardholder to add another US address to their card. Hopefully, it would be just as easy for you.

Metro states they will only ship to the address listed on a credit card, so its not like MCS is the only one that does this.

Alas it has to be the billing address, and I can't have two different billing addresses on a credit card. Been buying from Metro for years, never had a problem there (shrug)

You should be able to add your US address to your Paypal acct. Problem Solved

My US address has been added for years, but it can't be verified by Paypal, the only verified address that Paypal accepts is my main one...and Mycomicshop will only ship to a verified Paypal address.

We offer $4.95 flat rate shipping in the US. Your order was expensive enough to get bumped up to priority at the same price, but a lower valued order wouldn't go priority unless you picked it (and paid some extra).

So I got extra service at no extra cost? kool and da gang :banana:

It's obvious that you have some pull with mycomicshop and that they give you preferential treatment. I'm tired of everyone around here with their little groups and cliques.

:jokealert:

Don't forget the cabals. I hate those the most.

well at least you have them waffles....MVCOMICSSHOP ROCKS

Just received a PM from MCS where they told me they are willing to accommodate me and wave the "address thing". Nice bit of customer service for which I want to thank Conan publicly. (thumbs u

Just received a PM from MCS where they told me they are willing to accommodate me and wave the "address thing". Nice bit of customer service for which I want to thank Conan publicly. (thumbs u
Do they know that you're French and would prefer payment in CCE?

We offer $4.95 flat rate shipping in the US. Your order was expensive enough to get bumped up to priority at the same price, but a lower valued order wouldn't go priority unless you picked it (and paid some extra).

So I got extra service at no extra cost? kool and da gang :banana:

you paid for it in the buyers juice

That's great! :applause: