• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Put up or Shut up! What is your best WWII comic or magazine cover?

128 posts in this topic

If I have to chose only one, as far as american comic books it might be this cover (although there are others I really love much):

c3x8h2qh.jpg

As far as non-comics publications I’m not sure, but surely some Boccasile painting (they were mostly posters and postcards, but have been occasionally used for magazine covers).

@Ken: One of the best late National covers featuring Uncle Sam.

Now I have to post the #18, which fights with the Hit #16 as one of my favorites ever.

I know we’re supposed to choose one, but I’m really undecided as there are a few which are at the same level to me…

3kmtR5oh.jpg

Of course, Daredevil Comics #1 is a great cover, but I have always seen it as more specifically as an "Hitler cover" before than a "World War II" cover.

In that sense, I would say I prefer Daredevil Comics #10, which has the "remember Pearl Harbor" theme.

It would be great to see magazine covers, posters, postcards and other particularly striking images outside of comics.

For example, this is a rare propaganda comic issued in France during the nazist occupation. As a pamphlet it seems pretty naive, but the artist, which was born in Kiev, is very good. (The character of the sailor "Vica" was pre-esisting and he lives also non-propaganda adventures prior to these few war-themed pamphlets).

viccb030010010.jpg