• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yellow or Blue?!

2 posts in this topic

Or Black, Blue, Red, Silver or Gold?

So I have been on a mission to get all of my Batman(2011) series complete with signatures from Snyder or Capullo on regular or 2nd+, Capullo on my personal favorites the sketch covers and the auto's of the variant cover artist's on there variant cover's. I hate trying to find them on eBay because most times they are way over priced. Listing # 281212135857 for instance. So as many collectors I don't have the time or money to attend ever con following these guys around the country. So I use a facilitator most of the time. To be honest I have had pretty good luck with the ones I found on here. Desert wind, not so much! But that's for another journal! As I was searching for one going to Motor city Comic Con. I came across the "problem with Facilitators" thread. And was like what the! Most of the posts I read were about people not getting the color ink they requested or that the signatures of the creators were in bad spots or that they didn't like the way the creators signatures looked, and wanted there money back. Im not going to pretend that I am a Signature Series aficionado, but before reading them I have never even though of such a thing. Maybe it's because I have obtained some of my SS's myself and have seen first hand what a zoo it could be. I have even had a creator sign my book on the plastic above my signature box I had cut out! I personally would love if all of my black covers were signed in Gold and white covers signed in Red! Which I usually tell the facilitator, but I have never even though about asking for my money back when they come back in a different color. And I have never looked at one of my books and said that is the ugliest signature I have ever seen! I get my books signed because I love the art of comics as well as comic art! I feel its an honor that the creators are taking the time to sign the books even if they are getting paid for there signature. Why shouldn't they. Should I ever decide to sell my signed book im probably going to get a little more because it is signed. I also appreciate the facilitator standing in line for sometimes hours to obtain that signature for me usually for a mere 15 bucks. When I open my box after waiting for the return of my SS's my only though is please be a 9.8! Anyway as always thanks for reading and im not trying to offend anyone, just my opinions and a shout out and thanks to all the facilitator's out there that have to deal with us and for helping me get a step closer to my goal! One Signature at a time!

Pic is of Batman 13 Variant cover signed by Capullo and Snyder, even though you can hardly see Snyder's I know its there!

15283.jpg

See more journals by eMTe

I have the same goals when it comes to Capullo for my X-Force set and being a newly christened facilitator makes the hunt all that more enjoyable. I'll be seeing him twice over the next few months with this in mind for my own. WW St. Louis as well as Comicpolooza in Houston.