• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Outcast - Kirkman & Azaceta

1,088 posts in this topic

Anybody ever used auctions with MCS? I sent them an Outcast B/W Variant a while back, lowered the price, and it's still sitting. I was considering an auction but didn't know what to expect or if the timing is good.

What's the benefit over using Ebay ?

No PayPal fees if you accept your payment through check. You don't have to worry about getting negative feedback, no returns, and no shipping costs (except when you first send them the book for consignment). You ship the book, they scan it, put it in inventory, and that's all you have to worry with.

Don't they take a cut?

Anybody ever used auctions with MCS? I sent them an Outcast B/W Variant a while back, lowered the price, and it's still sitting. I was considering an auction but didn't know what to expect or if the timing is good.

No PayPal fees if you accept your payment through check. You don't have to worry about getting negative feedback, no returns, and no shipping costs (except when you first send them the book for consignment). You ship the book, they scan it, put it in inventory, and that's all you have to worry with.

Don't they take a cut?

The same 10% as eBay, so you still end up saving time and money.

Don't they take a cut?

The same 10% as eBay, so you still end up saving time and money.

Actually a sliding scale:

10% commission on sales less than $300, with a minimum commission of $5.00 per item sold.

8% commission on sales of $300 up to $2999.99.

6% commission on sales of $3000 or more.

Had good results on a small submission of raw mid-grade silver; decided to up the ante and sent down a larger submissions last week. All of my high grade copper and modern-ish (Killing Joke) got slammed. YMMV.

I've heard they're brutal on their grading...but I've had great luck with buying their NM and them grading at 9.8

Yep, two sides of the same coin.

Figured both sides were w/in 0.5 the first time so I sent some more for additional insight into their grading. Don't know if it's anything high grade or just more recent stuff that gets hammered.

Waiting on the scans to pop up before making a final decision, but most likely getting the majority shipped back.

They are doing a good thing. They probably realized that not alot of people have cinemax and hyped it online as a bait. It aint plagiarism if its initiated by the owner of the property. This is kinda like Monster Energy Drinks coming to my job last week and dropping off 7 cases of Monster Ultra Zero drinks. They get you hooked on their product and then youre buying it regularly

They are doing a good thing. They probably realized that not alot of people have cinemax and hyped it online as a bait. It aint plagiarism if its initiated by the owner of the property. This is kinda like Monster Energy Drinks coming to my job last week and dropping off 7 cases of Monster Ultra Zero drinks. They get you hooked on their product and then youre buying it regularly

You smoking yet? :roflmao:

(shrug)

(shrug)

Old strat with Cigs years ago. Hand some out etc get em hooked.

(shrug)

Old strat with Cigs years ago. Hand some out etc get em hooked.

Thank you :acclaim: