• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Chilling Tales #17

22 posts in this topic

Thanks again. I kinda needed a reality check on this. (Backstory: Somebody is mailing it back to me after an auction, unhappy with the condition/grade, and I am accepting the situation as being my mistake. I had an oversight on the crease lines, not mentioning them in the text description.)

I still don't see creasing on the front cover, even after looking a couple of times... certainly nothing that would keep the book out of the Fine range. (The horizontal lines towards the bottom just look like print roller marks to me, and I'd call the color-breaking tick under the logo a 'welt' rather than 'crease', unless it's worse in hand.) That said, I do now see the creases on the back cover (hat tip to rjpb) and it does appear they break color, so I'd agree with him that a strict 5.0, maybe a soft 5.5, seems about right. Still a great-looking book.

In this instance, scans rather than photos would probably help (just sayin') :foryou: ...or, obviously, a more exhaustive description and a tighter grade combined with the photos you do have. And if you keep the current photos, maybe at least give the back cover its own separate photo, rather than a combo photo with the front cover, to make it easier to view. But if this is your worst mulligan, I'd say you're doing pretty well.

All good comments (along with the previous). Good point about scans. I think the camera flash brought out the crease line more than it appears to the naked eye, and that's part of why I missed it when describing. I like the use of the word "mulligan" here.... That is a good way to put it... I shanked this one... I'll probably relist as 5.0 or 5.5. Thanks again everybody.