• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mutants 87

237 posts in this topic

It's Stryfe.

And Cable in the last panel, correct? Stryfe's arm and dialogue and a Cable teaser ala the Wolverine teaser in IH #180. Or does Cable and Stryfe look identical? (shrug) I honestly don't remember because it has been a while since I've read those books.

Edited by rjrjr

It's Stryfe.

And Cable in the last panel, correct? Stryfe's arm and dialogue and a Cable teaser ala the Wolverine teaser in IH #180. Or does Cable and Stryfe look identical? (shrug) I honestly don't remember because it has been a while since I've read those books.

Hulk 180's last panel was in story, The Cable pic in NM 86 was a teaser pic.

And yeah, they both look identical since Stryfe was Cable's clone. Who himself is Half Clone.

New Mutants #87 = 1st Cable

New Mutants #86 = Not in story likeness preview of unnamed character who I guess is Cable, and will be called a Cable cameo for sure by people who own copies of the book and want to make a quick $20-$30 for them once any Cable related hype starts.

Uncanny X-men #201 = 1st app. of a baby that was included in the origin of Cable to retroactively be him years after the introduction of Cable. Soon this book will be uprooted from any of its legitimacy when the exact issue # where Madelyn Prior's baby bump first appeared is ascertained.

New Mutants #86 = Not in story likeness preview of unnamed character who I guess is Cable, and will be called a Cable cameo for sure by people who own copies of the book and want to make a quick $20-$30 for them once any Cable related hype starts.

Uncanny X-men #201 = 1st app. of a baby that was included in the origin of Cable to retroactively be him years after the introduction of Cable. Soon this book will be uprooted from any of its legitimacy when the exact issue # where Madelyn Prior's baby bump first appeared is ascertained.

If NM86 is the first Cable, then Detective Comics 16 is the first Superman.

If people want to make the case that a not-in-story likeness is a first appearance, then they need to concede the argument that Marvel Age #82 is the first Cable, not NM 86.

87 has been one of my favorites for a long time. I remember longing for it when it got to those crazy prices in the early 90s, then picking up a copy on the cheap after the crash. Now I've got..... more copies than I really need.

If you want to part ways with one that's fairly high grade (doesn't need to be 9.8), hit me up. I'm looking to upgrade my 8.5.

Others people are mentioning as strong candidates.

VypyEQW.png

I forgot about Max Martini from Pacific Rim. In watching that movie, I did get that feeling he could pull this role off as the serious, stoic Cable.