• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Freshly Baked Collectibles

39 posts in this topic

Since I collect Purves, I watch pretty closely.

I believe Heroes Comics in Campbell (http://www.heroescomicbooks.com), used to have many of those Purves pages that are in the Freshlybaked store now. They were priced at around half the amounts currently listed on freshlybakedcollectibles.com today, and were not selling.

If anyone is looking for more Purves pages, Heroes Comics is selling a couple on ebay right now for between $150-$450.

Also, keep your eyes on Heritage Auctions, as a few Purves pages have shown up there in the past year or so. A Purves sold on HA.com back in the summer for around $390 and then, about a month later, turned up on freshlybaked for $900.

I also recently sold a Jeff Purves Hulk page, with the Hulk on it and in action, on eBay for $200.00 which, to me, suggests more along the lines of what the art should be priced. Heroes Comics looks to be working within that same range, as well.

man Meely Man, you never seem to miss a chance to slam another dealer, huh?

Excuse me? Where did I "slam" someone? I mentioned a recent sale of a type of art that is being discussed. Nothing more.

Maybe you should look elsewhere for someone to start a fight with.

I believe Heroes Comics in Campbell (http://www.heroescomicbooks.com), used to have many of those Purves pages that are in the Freshlybaked store now. They were priced at around half the amounts currently listed on freshlybakedcollectibles.com today, and were not selling.

If anyone is looking for more Purves pages, Heroes Comics is selling a couple on ebay right now for between $150-$450.

Also, keep your eyes on Heritage Auctions, as a few Purves pages have shown up there in the past year or so. A Purves sold on HA.com back in the summer for around $390 and then, about a month later, turned up on freshlybaked for $900.

I also recently sold a Jeff Purves Hulk page, with the Hulk on it and in action, on eBay for $200.00 which, to me, suggests more along the lines of what the art should be priced. Heroes Comics looks to be working within that same range, as well.

Hey, I was considering that page when it was on feebay!

Hey, I was considering that page when it was on feebay!

I wish you would have. I'd have liked to get more for it. ;)

Wow. Interesting comments re: prices. You guys act like you've never seen this before.

Whether it's comics or art, online or at conventions, there's always a handful of folks vigorously propelling the market higher. And that only happens by listing tomorrow's prices today. Not sure why that bothers people though?? Are we all somehow entitled to 'fair' (whatever that is!) prices? And wages? And whatever else?? C'mon that's centrally-planned communism, which took about 70 years of grinding down entire nations to poverty and misery to prove itself a dismal failure.

Go back a few years and prices for top end pieces weren't quoted publicly, it was "ask" or trade only. But trust me, the prices were still scary high. Occasionally one of these things even sells near ask for actual cash (not convoluted trade or payment terms). What the seller (any of them not just Terry) is telling you is that he really only wants to sell any one of those high-priced pieces to that one single collector than can/will pay the number. Low supply, general high demand, mostly quelled by higher than high price.

So there you go, the art is there if you want to and can pay, and if not life goes on. Terry only needs one motivated collector to blink. And for that matter, any of us potentials moving under the market that refuse to pay ask (or anywhere near it) are just waiting for Terry to blink, because he's got cash flow needs just like the rest of us and cannot hold out indefinitely for prices the market will not bear for all his pieces...right?

If Freshlybaked can find buyers who will pay those prices, all the power to him.

Yeah but to pizz on him about it, in his own thread is what is lacking class. It wouldn't be tolerated in any other section of the boards. But in Art you can, because only 1% of board members will ever look here.

Start your own thread and beeyotch about him like people do MileHigh Chuck and Metropolis, and those silly Donnelly Brothers but not his thread.

Jim

To be fair, I think without exception the opinions given here about his site have been very positive. Some great art, displayed very nicely, with sky high prices.

If he didn't want people to talk about it, he wouldn't have started the thread.

Seems all very fair and good natured to me.

Obviously your mileage may vary.

I am happy to be assisting Jeff Purves as his exclusive artist representative for comic art commissions and original comic art sales. His memorable run on The Incredible Hulk teamed with writer Peter David in the late 1980’s has left a lasting impression on Hulk fans everywhere and he is indelibly linked with the Grey Hulk persona Mr. Fixit.

In addition, Jeff has had a 20+ year career in animation, working for such studios as Warner Brothers, Walt Disney, Hanna Barbara, Marvel Productions, and Filmation. Throughout the years, Jeff has worked on countless projects from films to T.V. shows, to designing pavilions and theme parks, to book illustrations.

Commission prices are as follows.

Head shot…………………………$250 (8.5"x11")

Full Figure…………………………$500 (11"x17")

Two full Figure……………………$1,000 (11"x17")

WITH Background…....................$1,500 (11"x17")

Inks over light blue pencils.

Contact me at terry@freshlybakedcollectibles.com with any questions or inquiries.

http://www.FreshlyBakedCollectibles.com