• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The best golden age heros?.

16 posts in this topic

Disuss what do you guys think are the best golden age hereos in my opinio. i would have too say Jim Corrigan The Spectre, Cap, Batman, Doctor Fate, Superman, and the list goes on.. :gossip:

Edited by DEATHLOK9147

lol sure thing buddy.. My intention is too make people laugh I unerstand some people work all daythen jump on here so why not spice up their day with something to laugh about try too make their day better.. Sorry if you think imimmature jus me being me trying to give people:a reason to smile even on their worst days

:makepoint:

Among the best golden age heroes are surely the Lev Gleason Daredevil and Steel Sterling, two creations of Charles Biro. (thumbs u

He asked us to discuss what were the best GA superheroes in his opinion, not ours. ;)

Superman, Green Hornet and the Shadow had their own radio shows and they were the star of at least one movie each, if not more. They were definitely considered the top characters in the golden age. Captain Marvel and Captain America were the stars of their own movies but no radio. The Timely heroes were featured in stories that remind me more of the Shadow. Horror and murder filled the comics even during WWII. I think the Sub-mariner and the Human Torch were a little less popular because they were not featured in other media at the time. The Torch was not enough to save the Fantastic Four movies even in modern times. I like other heroes like the Hangman and Mr. Justice because of their artists. Cat-Man is the same story.

Batman is still the best but I have always enjoyed reading a murder mystery. I would prefer a good Thin Man adventure if someone could write the witty dialogue. I can only watch NYC and Washington D.C. be blown up so many times.

Edited by BB-Gun

Disuss what do you guys think are the best golden age hereos in my opinio. i would have too say Jim Corrigan The Spectre, Cap, Batman, Doctor Fate, Superman, and the list goes on.. :gossip:

Works for me (thumbs u

The Sub-Mariner would have to be number one for me because he was protecting the oceans! He was the first super-eco-terrorist.

Batman has stayed popular for a reason; he'd be a close second. (I don't really collect Batman or Tec any more, but that's because I sold my Batman/Tec books before they exploded in price, and I cringe at the thought of buying books for literally 20 times what I sold similar copies for 20 years ago.)

Catman is a fav, too; the stories aren't bad, and I like the fact that he had a female sidekick. Girl power!

Nobody ever mentions the Crimson Avenger, but his name alone puts him on my list.

The Spirit hung out in an old grave-yard. How cool was that?

The Spectre was a basically a ghost; he has to make the list.

Works for me (thumbs u

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hm

[font:Times New Roman]Given that range of choices, I'm surprised Fred Dryer (Hunter) isn't on your short list! :baiting:

The Merryweather bestest would include Cat-Man (& the adorable Kitten), easily stretch to Plastic Man, the original Daredevil, the flamboyant Human Torch, etc., extending to the delectable Phantom Lady![/font]

OK, ...so I'm biased too. :sorry:

Any list that doesn't start and end with Superman is bunk. ;)

That Batman guy is pretty cool too.

And I personally think that Doctor Fate is still one of the coolest character designs in the history of comics (the full helmet, not that halfsies ).

Any list that doesn't start and end with Superman is bunk. ;)

That Batman guy is pretty cool too.

And I personally think that Doctor Fate is still one of the coolest character designs in the history of comics (the full helmet, not that halfsies ).

+1

Always loved the Fate helm.