• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Becoming a SS witness
1 1

61 posts in this topic

I have never touted my brilliance but I seriously cannot find anything helpful on this subject.

A little help please? All I have found so far is to become a dealer. What does it take to become a dealer? Can anyone who just collects comics become a facilitator?

It looks like the Calgary Expo will be without one and I personally do not want to see that happen. I have a bunch of books I would love to have signed and slabbed for storage reasons( I am one of those who believes that the slab is a great way to preserve books) and I am sure there are a lot of people who would love to add to their CGC collection, and flippers who want to add to their grubby cash pile.

Mike Balent is in charge of the Sig Series program. He determines who can act as a CAW or a facilitator. Both are a tremendous amount of work. For me it was advantageous to CAW a couple of small shows before trying out the deeper end of the pool.

Mike Balent is in charge of the Sig Series program. He determines who can act as a CAW or a facilitator. Both are a tremendous amount of work. For me it was advantageous to CAW a couple of small shows before trying out the deeper end of the pool.
This. I would definitely recommend trying a few smaller shows before you go nuts. It really is all you do at a con if you have a decent number of books. You do not spend the weekend shopping and all that. You are standing in lines and getting sigs.

This. I would definitely recommend trying a few smaller shows before you go nuts. It really is all you do at a con if you have a decent number of books. You do not spend the weekend shopping and all that. You are standing in lines and getting sigs.

Thanks for the input guys :)

I totally get the responsibility, I would be pretty pissed if I trusted someone to get work done and they flaked out. Having helpers is always beneficial too.

Bragnet : You coming or what? :baiting:

I totally get the responsibility, I would be pretty pissed if I trusted someone to get work done and they flaked out. Having helpers is always beneficial too.

if you becomes a witness (CAW) then you are the helper for the dealer.

Ah right ;)

You are the facilitator's biznatch.

lol

Want advice and spell my name wrong? Not a good start. :taptaptap:

Who knew one post would make my inbox blowup. lol

Small volume is the way to go to start. This can be accomplished at a big show as well. Local shows are recommended unless you travel well.

lol

Want advice and spell my name wrong? Not a good start. :taptaptap:

Who knew one post would make my inbox blowup. lol

Small volume is the way to go to start. This can be accomplished at a big show as well. Local shows are recommended unless you travel well.

:blush:

lol man... I have always seen your name differently then its spelled

Are dealers allowed to take on interns/apprentices to assist at shows? Assuming these individuals learn the ropes and eventually work shows on their own.
Yes. I have had a few people such as Mangold follow me around at shows and the CGC crew got to know him and he was able to be a CAW at Megacon this past weekend. He has been around the Florida shows and learned the ropes and they knew who he was.