• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Becoming a SS witness
1 1

61 posts in this topic

Giving this some serious thought, I honestly don't think I will ever be a dealer, but would be a lot of fun being a CAW
You do know that you can't witness any books that you want graded. (shrug)

Of course. That would be pretty shady if someone was allowed to witness their own books, not to mention unfair. What would stop them from just getting all their books done first and then leaving?

I am counting on the fact that there are a lot of people willing to do as I am. Its like Xmas

I tried for a year to become a cgc witness under the old program. I got 3 rejection letters and was denied

In 2010, the new program started and I was the first prototype CAW. I assisted rich henn, nycomics and whoever else was at that Carbo show. 4 years later and im still here, cannot ask for a better place to be :)

Lots of hard work, standing in line and running around but its definitely worth it; I dont CAW for facilitators but work directly at the CGC booth at shows

Mike Balent is in charge of the Sig Series program. He determines who can act as a CAW or a facilitator. Both are a tremendous amount of work. For me it was advantageous to CAW a couple of small shows before trying out the deeper end of the pool.

This. I would definitely recommend trying a few smaller shows before you go nuts. It really is all you do at a con if you have a decent number of books. You do not spend the weekend shopping and all that. You are standing in lines and getting sigs.

Yep a small show is a great way to start out. My first official show as a facilitator was Planet ComiCon this year w/ MedicAR acting as my CAW. Even though it's a smaller show; it was still plenty busy.

I was lucky and got to work under Rich/Steve P. during SDCC 2013 and also hung around with Doug, James, and JJ @ various shows. This really showed me the ins/out of the job.

Giving this some serious thought, I honestly don't think I will ever be a dealer, but would be a lot of fun being a CAW
You do know that you can't witness any books that you want graded. (shrug)

:popcorn:

I tried for a year to become a cgc witness under the old program. I got 3 rejection letters and was denied

In 2010, the new program started and I was the first prototype CAW. I assisted rich henn, nycomics and whoever else was at that Carbo show. 4 years later and im still here, cannot ask for a better place to be :)

Lots of hard work, standing in line and running around but its definitely worth it; I dont CAW for facilitators but work directly at the CGC booth at shows

+1

Looks like Branget is submitting. I will be collecting for him, so if anyone wants some books, PM me

Is Danny Glover out of the question?

I imagine he will be happy to sign a few books lol

Looks like Branget is submitting. I will be collecting for him, so if anyone wants some books, PM me

Is Danny Glover out of the question?

I imagine he will be happy to sign a few books lol

Once i figure out which book to get done, I'll send a PM. (thumbs u

Sorry to get anyone's hopes up on getting yellow labels for the Calgary Expo. Guess there will be no facilitator available for the venue and I am unable to witness at this time.

If anyone wants raw sigs I am more than willing to get some. Cost will be shipping or price of comic, and price of signing (will know more on that price later).

I have a few Aliens books for sale. PM for more details.

Again, I deeply apologize. I jumped the gun and was not as informed as I should have been.