• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Becoming a SS witness
1 1

61 posts in this topic

Any business that is going to have someone represent them should know the person that is representing them, don't you think?

Bingo. (thumbs u

Giving this some serious thought, I honestly don't think I will ever be a dealer, but would be a lot of fun being a CAW
You do know that you can't witness any books that you want graded. (shrug)

Giving this some serious thought, I honestly don't think I will ever be a dealer, but would be a lot of fun being a CAW
Yeah I can't believe none of us said that. If you are a CAW then you cannot witness the signatures on any of your books. So if you are the only CAW at a show then your books cannot be done.

I have never tried, but I thought it was very difficult (if not impossible) to become a CGC witness these days.

MUCH easier now than it used to be. Before the rule change in 2010, I could just about count all the non-employee witnesses on my fingers and toes. Now, everybody and their mama seems to be a CAW or a facilitator. :ohnoez:

Yeah I can't believe none of us said that. If you are a CAW then you cannot witness the signatures on any of your books. So if you are the only CAW at a show then your books cannot be done.

I would think this is a common sense thing. I never "knew" for sure but figured this would be how its done. If it wasn't, it'd be a huge conflict of interest. Plus I'd figure the boards here would have a really long complaint thread about it.

lol

Before 2010 the original witnesses had the ability to witness signatures anywhere, anytime and on any books. It has only been a little over four years that the new rules have been in place.