• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For those who have Comic Book Man Caves...this may interest you...

23 posts in this topic

I apologize if this has already been brought up on the forums...I have never seen any mention of these and others might have missed it as well. I recently went to hobby lobby with my oldest daughter so she could buy beads as she is into making bracelets, and masks for herself and friends. While there I ran across this cool selection of tin signs that feature comic book covers. The signs are pressed metal and are 9X13 with lots of different ones to choose from whether your a DC fan or a Marvel fan. They sell for $17.99 but are almost always on sale for 50% off so I got each of these for $8.99 which I thought was a bargain.

So for anyone who is looking to decorate their man caves or comic book rooms I would highly recommend running out to a Hobby Lobby near you and grabing some of these cool signs (thumbs u

Phoneimages859.jpg

Phoneimages860.jpg

Phoneimages861.jpg

Phoneimages862.jpg

Phoneimages863.jpg

Phoneimages864.jpg

Phoneimages865.jpg

Phoneimages866.jpg

Those are pretty cool. I just don't like the way they try to make them look retro by making them look dirty / old.

They should look brand new...we can dirty them up and make them look old ourselves over time! :P

I think for the Golden Age signs it makes sense as that's the condition you would most likely find them in but for the Bronze age and up books they probably should have made them look near mint with no discoloration. Regardless I think they will look great hanging on my wall and they already have holes drilled in them so hanging them will be a snap.

I picked up Supes 1 and FF 1 a few weeks ago. Those were the best of the selection that store had left.

They also had wood plaques that were a little larger than these as well

Those are pretty cool. I just don't like the way they try to make them look retro by making them look dirty / old.

They should look brand new...we can dirty them up and make them look old ourselves over time! :P

I know, and that GS X-Men 1 looks HORRIBLE - it's not some old GA book. :facepalm:

And of all the classic Spidey books (121, 122, 129, 136, etc.) he picks that one?

I have seen them myself at local flea markets for $8 per 2 for $15...and for the past 3 or 4 years around Christmas time, a gentleman sets up a sales counter in the middle of our local mall with these.

I have no problem with the aging aspect. Makes them more aesthetically pleasing than if presented "as new" -- not crazy about the embossing effect, but as a cheapo way to decorate a comic-themed room, I like them fine. :)

They seem to me very much in the vein of the awesome HULK trash can I have done for a kid's room of the '70s.