• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FLASH #139 CLUB: PROFESSOR ZZZZOOOMM!!!

189 posts in this topic

Hello All, :grin:

I have been searching far & wide on the SA forum and have not come across a thread dedicated to Professor Zoom aka the Reverse-Flash! (tsk)

So now that I have obtain a very nice, extremely high grade Rocky Mountain pedigree copy, it is time to start one! :sumo::cloud9:

Flash #139 is the 1st appearance & origin of Professor Zoom in the comic books and deserves recognition for being one of the Flash's greatest nemesis for over 50 years! PZ has been picking up speed and gave Barry Allen (SA Flash) a run for his money in the highly acclaimed Justice League: the Flashpoint Paradox animated film! (thumbs u PZ will also most assuredly be a key character on the new Flash TV show coming this fall! :headbang:

PZ is like the Yin to Flash's Yang and is just one example of such comic book rivalries. Here are just a few more off the top of my head: hm

Hulk = Abomination

Spider-Man = Venom

Captain Marvel = Black Adam

Superman = Bizzaro

Green Lantern = Sinestro

So without further ado, let's get this party started! Here is the newest addition to my collection: :headbang: All Flash 139's are welcome, this is a very rare book especially in high grade and deserves to be showcased! (thumbs u ;)

<a  href=Flash_139_CGC_90_RM_FC_zps2ccaa472.jpg'

Thanks for starting the club. Great looking pedigree copy. Here is my entry that I finally had graded 2 months ago. If you are willing, PM me what it set you back.

FLASH1399_0FRONT_zpse208b116.jpg

Sweet copy bro! Welcome to the Club! :applause:

I would love to upgrade but the book doesn't come up for sale often.

I've never been a big DC collector but I do have a soft spot for DC's purple covers.

I've probably sold a 9.6, a 9.4 and a few others over the last two years but they are tougher to come by.

I've never been a big DC collector but I do have a soft spot for DC's purple covers.

DC purple covers :headbang:

I actually buy every SA DC purple cover I find that I don't have a copy of when it is a reasonable price and have a decent collection of them at this point.

The one I really need to add is Action #242.

PZ is like the Yin to Flash's Yang and is just one example of such comic book rivalries. Here are just a few more off the top of my head: hm

It is fair to say that Zoom is the Flash's Archenemy right? I have always thought so.

I would say Gorilla Grodd, Captain Cold and then PZ, but they are all ruthless adversaries for the Flash! (thumbs u Though PZ is steadily climbing in those rankings in my opinion! hm

I'm a Marvel guy, but this is one of the DC SA books that I'd really like to have.

Yeah, it's very underrated, rare in high grades and on the rise! (thumbs u I lean slightly towards Marvel, but do also have love for DC! (thumbs u

Arrow is my favorite show, and I can't wait to see what the CW do with their new Flash TV series! :headbang:

Not to derail this thread but I think I like the cover to Flash #147, the 2nd appearance of the Revers Flash, with it's Flash 123 cover swipe even better.

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=11304&GSub=935

meh! It's aight, but like you stated it's a cover swipe of issue #123, not original like this baby! :acclaim:

Your still welcome anyway! lol;)

In my best Axel Rose voice: "This used to be mi-i-ine."

flash139.jpg

lol:o How could you let that baby go? That's got to be the highest graded/pedigreed Flash #139 around! (worship)

It would have taken a small fortune to pry that from my hands! (tsk)

How long ago did you sell it?