• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many SA books do you own?

61 posts in this topic

I'm 95% finished my re-organization and came up with 12 full Drawboxes , and 15 full CGC boxes of SA books. The Drawer boxes I figure hold about 200 each and while the CGC boxes hold 25 slabs, not all of them hold only slabs. Some have a mix of slabs and books in mylar, so I figure about fifty per box mixed use.

As a cutoff, I used 15 cents cover price and below for regular sized issues.

I still have about ten unsorted boxes of BA books that may have a few SA books, but I doubt it will be more than a few dozen, if that much.

I expected to come up with about three thousand, but exceeded that by a good bit. I hadn't realized how successful my purging had been as I only came across a handful of books I'd call pure readers.- raw 3.0s or worse.

I found a few surprises- I knew I owned a couple of TOS 49s, but was surprised to find I owned seven, including two 8.0s. I knew I owned a bunch of TTA 57s, but didn't know I owned four graded 7.5-8.5., and found a Spidey 14 7.5 that isn't in any of my purchase records.

On the other hand- I can't find two low grade copies of TTA 27 ,and a TTA 35 that I know I have not sold.

So how many do you own, raw and or slabbed?

In 1992 I completed the entire marvel And dc silver age (started in 1973) So I had them all at one point but likely 95% of them have sold over the years

I'm 95% finished my re-organization and came up with 12 full Drawboxes , and 15 full CGC boxes of SA books. The Drawer boxes I figure hold about 200 each and while the CGC boxes hold 25 slabs, not all of them hold only slabs. Some have a mix of slabs and books in mylar, so I figure about fifty per box mixed use.

I still have about ten unsorted boxes of BA books that may have a few SA books, but I doubt it will be more than a few dozen, if that much.

I expected to come up with about three thousand, but exceeded that by a good bit. I hadn't realized how successful my purging had been as I only came across a handful of books I'd call pure readers.- raw 3.0s or worse.

I found a few surprises- I knew I owned a couple of TOS 49s, but was surprised to find I owned seven, including two 8.0s. I knew I owned a bunch of TTA 57s, but didn't know I owned four graded 7.5-8.5., and found a Spidey 14 7.5 that isn't in any of my purchase records.

On the other hand- I can't find two low grade copies of TTA 27 ,and a TTA 35 that I know I have not sold.

pffffff for a blackjack player who's supposed to keep track of everything. You missed an asm 14 :o

No idea. Educated guess would be between 200 and 300. Outside of Spidey, I offloaded all of my silver-age runs over the years. I had a complete run of JIM (Thor run) and Cap (No biggie there, it was only a couple dozen issues. lol ). Near complete runs of TOS, Strange Tales and Spidey. I recalibrated to be a "key" collector, so most of the runs are now gone.

Sell me one! :grin:

pffffff for a blackjack player

who's supposed to keep track of everything. You missed an asm 14 :o

Yeah, I'm trying to reconcile that one myself. Now that is what I consider to be a First World Problem.

Not certain when SA begins nor when it ends but starting from 1954/1955 - 1970/1971 I have about 1200-1500 SA books of which 95% are DC, 3% are Marvel and 2% of other titles.

I also have number of GA books but not nearly as many; perhpas 50 or so almost all of which are slabbed. Not as large as other collectors on these boards but they're pretty cool books.