• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many SA books do you own?

61 posts in this topic

I have all 10 Marvel hero runs (incl Sgt. Fury) with the exception of 4 keys and less than a half dozen early books. Many doubles, triples, and quads of some, and about 400 CGCs (maybe more?). All the early reprint titles and some of the westerns. I'm working on the pre-hero stuff.

I have a lot of DC's, with a focus on Green Lantern, Superman, and Flash.

Quite a few Charltons (especially Ditko stuff), some Gold Keys (Magnus and assorted others), Adventures of the Fly, Wood's Tower books, and an assortment of other stuff.

I have no idea of the count.

I should spend more time organizing and counting, and less time re-reading. I guess I like to read more than organize.

A few dozen, including a handful of post-code Atlas books, The Steranko Strange Tales run averaging around 7.0-8.0 I couldn't sell for enough to make it worth parting with, a small number of lower grade goofy DCs that make me laugh ( Bat-baby, big brain Lois, etc) and some assorted odds and ends. I also have some 1968-70 undergrounds, but I don't know if those would count.

I have a fondness for SA, and over the years have dabbled in it, but its ready availability ( if not chasing ultra high grade) as compared to GA/Atom Age stuff doesn't provide the same level of satisfaction for me upon acquisition. I suppose if it had the space and resources, I'd probably at the least put together a 1958-70 Marvel pre-hero/hero collection, as well as some various DC, like War books, Lois Lane and Neal Adams stuff.

This is a good question, and I did a quick inventory. Not an exact number as I still have some books not yet processed. I'm probably right around the 1000 mark, give or take a dozen. (shrug)

All the Marvel ones. :acclaim:

Me too.

For Marvels, if including pre-heroes, romance, western and the superheroes and excepting the reprint titles and X-Men, I'm about 201 shy of that many. Trying to get a more exact count and including SA titles like Boris Karloff and Turok would take too much effort.

Unless my math is off, isn't the 1k of Dr. X close to all the Marvels? Wasn't the limit 8 titles a month until '68?

Me too.

For Marvels, if including pre-heroes, romance, western and the superheroes and excepting the reprint titles and X-Men, I'm about 201 shy of that many. Trying to get a more exact count and including SA titles like Boris Karloff and Turok would take too much effort.

Unless my math is off, isn't the 1k of Dr. X close to all the Marvels? Wasn't the limit 8 titles a month until '68?

I think it was like almost 1500 for all the Marvels. I will post a list of 1/1960 to 12/1969 later. I figured out from 1/1965 to 12/1969 once when I completed that 5 year span and it was just over 1000 in those 5 years. That list is in one of the links in my sig.

Unless my math is off, isn't the 1k of Dr. X close to all the Marvels?

I have a lot of D.C. House of Secrets, House of Mystery. Tales of the Unexpected, Strange Adventures, Atom , Rip Hunter, Jimmy Olsen.

Me too.

I think this is a list of every comic Marvel Published from 1/1960 to 12/1969. That's what I think of as the silver age. I know people have different start and end points. This is just my idea of what that age is...to anyone who finds something not on this list....let me know if I missed something. (thumbs u

Marvel Comics 1/1960 thru 12/1969

A Date with Millie #1-7

Amazing Adult Fantasy #7-14

Amazing Adventures #1-6

Amazing Fantasy #15

Amazing Spider Man #1-79

Amazing Spider Man Annual #1-6

Americas Best TV Comics #1

Avengers #1-71

Avengers Annual #1-3

Battle #68-70

Captain America #100-120