• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The MAAAAAAADNESSSSSSS is Over!

1,406 posts in this topic

A lot of folks have asked me why I am selling so much, particularly my Planet run. I thought this was the best place to address it and not repeat it ad nauseum In PMs.

First off, I'm not selling because I think the comic book market is going to crash. I'm not selling because I think the competition is going to make CGC books less valuable. I'm not selling because I am leaving CGC for someone else.

And I'm not selling because I am giving up collecting comics.

I am selling because I have over 7,000 CGC graded comics and space is not infinite (but clutter appears to be). I've got something like 30,000 raw comics, too.

I also like to complete full runs of titles and, when they are done, sometimes it feels right to practice catch-and-release. So is the case with my Planets.

Ergo, nothing for vendors to fear for me taking my obsessive tendencies elsewhere. Other collectors will still have to cope with me when we cross paths.

You appeared to be assembling one heck of a high-grade Four Color run. While I was happy to acquire some of those from you, it would really have been something to see you complete it.

A lot of folks have asked me why I am selling so much, particularly my Planet run. I thought this was the best place to address it and not repeat it ad nauseum In PMs.

First off, I'm not selling because I think the comic book market is going to crash. I'm not selling because I think the competition is going to make CGC books less valuable. I'm not selling because I am leaving CGC for someone else.

I just figured Lisa Marie was making you sell.

I just figured Lisa Marie was making you sell.

:D