• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Groo Appreciation Thread!
9 9

360 posts in this topic

I have a stack pulled out of the cheap-o box on hold at my LCS. It was raining and I didn't feel like getting them wet.

I know I'll be lucky to get my money back on them, particularly as they are mid-grade, but I love the art. It is a series that lasted over 10 years, pretty impressive for a spoof.

The funny thing is, it wasn't cancelled for more than a year after the comic it was spoofing, conan was cancelled! (I know, conan got a re-boot pretty quickly thereafter)

there are still new groo books to this day

i know they re-booted, but i think there was a chunk of time after the first. cancellation where there was no groo. i guess that was true of conan as well between marvel's last effort and dark horse taking over the character.

jeez, i just got more, now i want to try and complete the whole series... i need to stop, this is the "collector" / "one day i'll read this" person in me rearing its ugly head, not the "this will be a good flip" guy my wife wants me to be

On 2/13/2015 at 9:43 AM, inconceivable said:

I love Groo. Has anyone tried to find the hidden messages?

Dan

I've read a lot of Groo.  I've never found a hidden message :(

I'm beginning to think it's an inside joke.

5 hours ago, waaaghboss said:

I've read a lot of Groo.  I've never found a hidden message :(

I'm beginning to think it's an inside joke.

lol really?   Look harder!  They are there!

I'll start you off with maybe the easiest one, Groo 36 (letters within the letters)

hidden-message-036-panel.jpg

Edited by Bronty

19 minutes ago, jick said:

I love Groo so this thread deserves a bump!

Having said that, what do you guys think of Groo #1 Pacific as a long hold investment?  Any upside?

I’m not sure, hopefully for the guy who has 50 of them a few posts back it is lol I will say that I bought a 9.8 back in January for $70 on eBay. I was looking up sales last week and a few 9.8s had sold for $200+. I just wanted it to display on my wall in my office. I think it’s very likely Groo stops forever when Sergio and Mark call it quits. Plus it’s unlikely we ever get a movie or TV show so there won’t be much hype unlike what Usagi is going through right now.