• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Groo Appreciation Thread!
9 9

360 posts in this topic

Those are excellent!

Does anybody here have the Graphitti Groo Chronicles Limited HC?

I think thats the toughest Groo book out there

I got these from Joe Koch's warehouse last year for a buck each.. Theyre all NM but need pressing so im pretty happy with them

IMG_2889.jpg

Thanks Matt!

And thanks for the groo#1 link above awe andlorder! I liked the first twenty so much I bought another thirty :cloud9:

Bronty -

That is absolutely awesome! Love to eat some cheese dip, while someone turns the pages for me as I look through it:)

- Aweandlorder here are my two copies. I hold them in high regard amongst my Groo collection.

367E9B6F-98F9-411F-A1A9-DC901AFA0FFE_zpsk7wf3nih.jpg

4A6ACFB6-4320-4E11-83F2-872E00478871_zpssslds2hz.jpg

343C3437-33B2-4D4F-9D6C-6E796DCBCF85_zpscrt09s9x.jpg

A couple more Items in my Groo collection:

CA48A404-9698-41B9-8A00-7E51B65F6AFB_zpswgu5rxdw.jpg

C37AD792-2D58-47A8-B5A0-319269EB776D_zps1l1vqqjp.jpg

I dig the little groo statue too, what is that about?

And is that artist's edition #96-99 of Epic? I think that's what google is telling me which seems like such a weird chunk to reprint

And is that artist's edition #96-99 of Epic? I think that's what google is telling me which seems like such a weird chunk to reprint

Thank-you Bronty -

The little statue is just from that PVC line via Dark Horse a few years back. You had to buy the whole set of characters.

Yeah it is those issues from Epic. It would not have been my first choice to put in such cool giant, limited of 250 book. That is for sure.

But I wanted the book (that edition at least) because it was the first of its kind by Serg and all the covers and title spreads that are in the end of the book as a bonus. About 15 total, so kinda cool.

Thank-you Bronty -

The little statue is just from that PVC line via Dark Horse a few years back. You had to buy the whole set of characters.

Yeah it is those issues from Epic. It would not have been my first choice to put in such cool giant, limited of 250 book. That is for sure.

But I wanted the book (that edition at least) because it was the first of its kind by Serg and all the covers and title spreads that are in the end of the book as a bonus. About 15 total, so kinda cool.

(thumbs u

awww... thx. :luhv:

One of the things I love about this book / oa is that its the first appearance of my favorite supporting characters, Arba and Dakarba.

qHTE4OKT_0610150229411.jpg

Nice...is Sergio still selling the full original art Epic books in the 12-15g range?

Thank-you Bronty -

Even more rare than the San Diego edition is the IDW blue variant with an art cover....only 5 out there:

http://www.idwpublishing.com/product/sergio-aragon%CD%A9s-groo-the-wanderer-artists-edition-remarqued-cover-limited-edition-d/

Edited by vspawn

My daughter was watching the Minions movie on Netflix. There is a Conan/Groo-like character on there (and no, I don't mean Gru).

conangroo.jpg

This is interesting. When the first teaser for Despicable Me came out, they briefly spelled their main character called as "Groo" before they changed it to "Gru" when the movie came out. That scene might be some sort of an easter egg to a Groo reference....although Groo has a jelly bean shaped nose and 2 thin "KillBill" looking swords with an orange tunic. And a VHS tape strapped on his chest.