• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Bastards from Image
2 2

989 posts in this topic

Still my favorite book.  Got to hang out with Jason Aaron for a while at the Cedar Rapids con over the weekend.  Really awesome dude.  I brought 9 books for him to sign, offered him money for signing all of them since it wasn't a couple books.   He wouldn't take my money saying he'll never charge for signing books.   Then he did a Q&A session for an hour, and then after that he still sat and bs'd with me and talked to me while we went around the con looking at books.  

7 minutes ago, Warcrawl said:

Still my favorite book.  Got to hang out with Jason Aaron for a while at the Cedar Rapids con over the weekend.  Really awesome dude.  I brought 9 books for him to sign, offered him money for signing all of them since it wasn't a couple books.   He wouldn't take my money saying he'll never charge for signing books.   Then he did a Q&A session for an hour, and then after that he still sat and bs'd with me and talked to me while we went around the con looking at books.  

That is so cool to hear! Love that he makes time for fans and treats them well! Now send one of those books over this way :)

This is from a few months back, but an interesting, somewhat negative review of SB #20 I just ran across. The issue was surprisingly a bit of a disappointment coming on the heels of so many note-perfect issues, and I sadly have to say I kind of agree with this.

https://comicbook.com/comics/2018/05/09/review-southern-bastards-20-image-comics/

I went to the Jason Aaron Conan the Barbarian #1 launching at Third Eye Comics (Great shop!) in Annapolis, Maryland yesterday.  It was a pretty crowded signing

I was able to ask Jason a couple of Southern Bastards questions.

Q:  When will the next issue of Southern Bastards be?

Jason:  "Working on it.  Should be soon."

Q:  How many issues past #20 have you finished writing?

Jason:  "Just staying ahead of Latour."

Q:  Any update on TV show?

Jason:  "Should have news one way or the other this year."

While this would be a wonderful show in the mold of Walking Tall and Justified, the book is great. Starting with Saga, Nowhere Men, East of West, Rat Queens, God Country, and others. This is one of the higher end books that well  represents the surge of the Image storyteller period and what a brilliant run of stories it was. The DC Vertigo had a run of great stories like this too.

While 1st appearances and art have always driven the secondary market, there are times where the story rules. 

Thanks for the update. 👍