• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Bastards from Image
2 2

989 posts in this topic

So glad this book came back out. God Country finished just in time for EoW and  this series to step back into the spotlight. This was another fantastic issue. The story is always moving and rarely moves in a way you'd expect. Its almost like reading a documentary because the characters are deep and well written. They almost seem like they could exist. Looking forward to the next one...hopefully before the end of the year. lol ? 

5 hours ago, Warcrawl said:

Loved the new issue!!!   Loved every single page!!  I have over 40 comics on my monthly pull list and this is my favorite one! 

:applause:

... And thank you for no spoilers. I haven't made it to my LCS yet. Can't wait to read it!

Southern Bastards continues to be great. I had to reread from the start before diving into issue #18, which reaffirmed my high regard for the story. At times I was worried that the series wasn't going to return, although I'm not bothered by delays from comics that are as good as this. 

After a very hectic month or two, I just caught back up with this story. All I can tell you is that I can't imagine how they could make it any better than they have to this point. Incredible is a word that comes to mind. The Jasons are truly on top of their artistic game. :applause:

On 10/25/2017 at 8:03 PM, the authority said:

After a very hectic month or two, I just caught back up with this story. All I can tell you is that I can't imagine how they could make it any better than they have to this point. Incredible is a word that comes to mind. The Jasons are truly on top of their artistic game. :applause:

I think I've REread Southern Bastards #18 more than any other modern in the last five years.

Just note-perfect in every way. A much deeper look at Roberta and Earl than we've had to date. So many great little touches.

#19 due December 20th, delayed from 12/6 I believe. Here's hoping.  :wishluck:

Southern Bastards 19 issues in 46 months.

East of West 36 issues in 59 months. 

These are 2 of my all time favorite comics in spite of the wait. This goes hand in hand with The Authority volume 1, 29 issues in 39 months, and Planetary, 27 issues in over 10 years. Great stories that both took a lot longer to get out than the typical comic. Hickman and Dragotta both said they were committed for 5 years on EoW. Here is to hoping that they decide to extend that commitment lol 

Hoping the Jasons have a long term plan for this one as well.