• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Bastards from Image
2 2

989 posts in this topic

I'd rather have 20 of these than 20 of Amazing Spider-man 1.

Not sure the returnable option automatically makes people order a ton of a comic. If they don't think it will sell, why bother.

Gambling on comics is half the fun.

Not sure the returnable option automatically makes people

Dead wrong...

It gives retailers confidence

I think Peter Panzerfaust 1 was returnable.

It was not:

PETER PANZERFAUST #1 (MR)

IMAGE COMICS

(W) Kurtis J. Wiebe (A/CA) Tyler Jenkins

story KURTIS J. WIEBE

art & cover TYLER JENKINS

"THE GREAT ESCAPE," Part One

The city of Calais is the first city in France to fall to the Germans in the spring of 1940. A mysterious American boy named Peter rallies a handful of plucky French orphans and they must work together to survive Europe's darkest hour.

From the writer of the critically acclaimed GREEN WAKE and THE INTREPIDS comes a new ongoing series: PETER PANZERFAUST, a high energy action story that blends Red Dawn with Peter Pan.

Item Code

Stock Status DEC110479

Stock #

STK458979

UPC

Discount Code

D

DCD P.O. Minimum

Price Before Discount

$3.50

PREVIEWS Consumer Price

$3.50

PREVIEWS Page #

Category Code

Genre Code

WR

Brand Code

IC

Item Status

Stock Status Out of Stock; no B/O

FOC/OIC Date

1/23/2012

Est Ship Date

2/15/2012

Date Shipped

2/15/2012

Pages

Color

FC

Series Frequency

M

Case Dimension

0.07(h)x10.4(d)x6.6(w)

Case Pack

Warning (NOTE: Retailers whose orders of Peter Panzerfaust #1 match or exceed their orders of Green Wake #1 FEB110386, will receive an additional 10% discount on the order of this title.)

I think Peter Panzerfaust 1 was returnable.

It was not:

PETER PANZERFAUST #1 (MR)

IMAGE COMICS

(W) Kurtis J. Wiebe (A/CA) Tyler Jenkins

story KURTIS J. WIEBE

art & cover TYLER JENKINS

"THE GREAT ESCAPE," Part One

The city of Calais is the first city in France to fall to the Germans in the spring of 1940. A mysterious American boy named Peter rallies a handful of plucky French orphans and they must work together to survive Europe's darkest hour.

From the writer of the critically acclaimed GREEN WAKE and THE INTREPIDS comes a new ongoing series: PETER PANZERFAUST, a high energy action story that blends Red Dawn with Peter Pan.

Item Code

Stock Status DEC110479

Stock #

STK458979

UPC

Discount Code

D

DCD P.O. Minimum

Price Before Discount

$3.50

PREVIEWS Consumer Price

$3.50

PREVIEWS Page #

Category Code

Genre Code

WR

Brand Code

IC

Item Status

Stock Status Out of Stock; no B/O

FOC/OIC Date

1/23/2012

Est Ship Date

2/15/2012

Date Shipped

2/15/2012

Pages

Color

FC

Series Frequency

M

Case Dimension

0.07(h)x10.4(d)x6.6(w)

Case Pack

Warning (NOTE: Retailers whose orders of Peter Panzerfaust #1 match or exceed their orders of Green Wake #1 FEB110386, will receive an additional 10% discount on the order of this title.)

I don't retail but it seems to me the extra 10% discount would be better than returnable, especially if you know what your customers like.

They may also be referring to the fact that it's been an unequivocal hit with reviewers thus far.

And, hey, from a promotional standpoint for this book, did Scalped get optioned at the exact right moment in time, or what...?!?

Looking forward to the book, but avoiding it like the plague from a speculator standpoint.

I have a signing with Jason Aaron this weekend, if anyone is interested in signature series for him. Third Eye Comics will no doubt have variants, and I'm heading up there this morning to pre-screen 9.8 candidates. Just FYI if any of you are interested in any.

I'v only seen one cover for this, which other "many" covers do you guys speak of?

tumblr_n4jvyiE2P51syn0mbo1_1280.jpg

Not sure where to track down any of the variants though other than the DCBS exclusive.

Anyone know what cover is on the bottom right corner (with the tree)? I have seen the rest but not that one.

Thanks for any help.

The stick/bat on the cover makes me think of Bufford Pusser of Walking Tall fame. I take at least 1 week of vacation every year in the town Tennessee where he was from and I go to Gulf Shores Alabama (home state of the creators) for a lot of vacations too. Nice places. (thumbs u