• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Bastards from Image
2 2

989 posts in this topic

Agreed. I am particularly tired of the glorified store variants (which all of these seem to be).

In a year or so we can try to expand out and see if these store variants help or hinder books. Right now I am not sure whether it does or not.

My opinion only, but I think we'll see these fall off as people tire of them, and it becomes less worthwhile for stores to commission them.

On the flip side, they are a boon for the creators, as they increase print run.

The bare bones of the plot sound very similar to Scalped, don't you think? Prodigal son returns to a home that he never thought he'd come back to, confronts evil authoritarian figure while wrestling with the ghosts of his parents?

I don't doubt that it will go in a very different direction - I mean, the protagonists seem to be very different characters, for one thing. But the similarities do seem striking at this point.

Just the title name alone peaked my interest :)

Yeah, the title drew in my interest. But I always feel that if the title is decent or well thought out, more likely some thought and talent was put into the book too.

Guys, it's a hit. You do *not* want to miss this series. No idea about the collectability of it - not my bag so much, but this reads like something we're going to see on AMC some time down the road. I'm already jonesing for #2.