• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Bastards from Image
2 2

989 posts in this topic

I've had enough of Latour's political posts on Facebook, so I'm done with this book. Is that a job requirement at Image these days? The creators seem bent on alienating a large chunk of their potential customers

I have no idea what his political views are but unless an author /artist has already made it big and they are millionaires , they really should not discuss politics. Doing so will ALWAYS cost you business. My father loved to discuss politics but when he owned a restaurant he never expressed his opinion because he knew it would lose him customers.

There are a lot of people who take politics very serious and they don't want to hear someone dumping on their views.

I've had enough of Latour's political posts on Facebook, so I'm done with this book. Is that a job requirement at Image these days? The creators seem bent on alienating a large chunk of their potential customers

I have no idea what his political views are but unless an author /artist has already made it big and they are millionaires , they really should not discuss politics. Doing so will ALWAYS cost you business. My father loved to discuss politics but when he owned a restaurant he never expressed his opinion because he knew it would lose him customers.

There are a lot of people who take politics very serious and they don't want to hear someone dumping on their views.

Can we dump our views about southern bastards and not kill the thread with talk about American politics? I think we can.

Huge delay between 14 and 15 (not in Junes previews so likely July)?

Edited by Hurtszick

Noticing a disturbing trend, TV news and then the comic stops being produced....

Todd Ugliest Kid

Peter Panzerfaust

Rat Queens

Southern Bastards

and Five Ghosts...

Is Southern Bastards done ? I still want to see what happens when someone from the Tubb family shows up.

Noticing a disturbing trend, TV news and then the comic stops being produced....

Todd Ugliest Kid

Peter Panzerfaust

Rat Queens

Southern Bastards

and Five Ghosts...

Is Southern Bastards done ? I still want to see what happens when someone from the Tubb family shows up.

at least Lazarus & Outcast have so far broken the trend.

Edited by krighton

Todd Ugliest Kid

Peter Panzerfaust

Rat Queens

Southern Bastards

and Five Ghosts...

at least Lazarus & Outcast have so far broken the trend.

We haven't seen Lazarus this year and the new Arc starts , I hope in may, :0) . They have been keeping us updated on the title though and are bringing the source book this week

Todd Ugliest Kid

Peter Panzerfaust

Rat Queens

Southern Bastards

Oh god..........

Lets hope there's no tv news for Saga.

Dont thing the tv show is a huge issue. But what I think it may be how many books Jason Aaron is writing right now. While this is his baby, I think marvel is paying the bills, latour even wrote one to hold us over but now he's jammed as well. To much on their plates so their self run book takes a hit.

Edited by Hurtszick

Dont thing the tv show is a huge issue. But what I think it may be how many books Jason Aaron is writing right now. While this is his baby, I think marvel is paying the bills, latour even wrote one to hold us over but now he's jammed as well. To much on their plates so their self run book takes a hit.

Spider-Gwen.

Spider-Gwen.

Yup and Aaron I believe is writing, Star wars, Thor, Dr Strange, (three big titles with Marvel) and goddamned + Scalped and Southern Bastered scripts

Spider-Gwen.

Yup and Aaron I believe is writing, Star wars, Thor, Dr Strange, (three big titles with Marvel) and goddamned + Scalped and Southern Bastered scripts

Southern Bastards would make a fantastic TV show. A little Walking Tall ( the originals ), a little Justified, a little Heat of the Night, and a whole lot of quality acting and directing would make this a winner. Its a little disappointing having to wait on the book. I'm surprised more of this stuff isn't farmed out using the basic ideas of the original writers. Stormwatch was a decent book before Warren Ellis but Jim Lee made the choice to have Eliis and then Mark Millar write it. Great choices indeed

2ds1bhh.jpg

Was supposed to be out in February, but I see it's been delayed to March 16. Bastards!

Now March 30th. :frustrated:

April 13. zzz

April! 27th! :pullhair:

May 4th. :facepalm:

Do I even need to tell you it's delayed again? Do I even? :taptaptap:

May 11th... that's next week. For the love of God let's see this book.

Oh my ! Best issue in a long time...and yes, I'm well aware its been a long time between issues. Southern Bastards is about injustice, justice, vengeance, bad people, worse people, and people who are collateral damage. What a great book. Welcome home Roberta...