• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Bastards from Image
2 2

989 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Point Five said:

This is such a great title but the schedule is soooo frustrating.  

#17 was supposed to be out March 22nd if memory serves. I stopped by my LCS yesterday to pick it up, saw it wasn't there and checked the internet. Release date moved to April 12th. . That's bad enough...

...but checking the very same link right now... release date has been moved to May 10th. :pullhair:

I use http://pulllist.comixology.com to check the subs I need to pick up from the LCS every Wednesday. Useful since they keep track of changes in release dates so I don't have to. :)

1 hour ago, the authority said:

This book, East of West, and Jupiter's Legacy are reads I can't pass up whenever they arrive in shops. In fact, I read them digitally the night before they come out and also buy hard copies for my PC. When these series are over, their place in my collection will be among other long gone series like The Watchmen, The Authority vol 1, Planetary, Sandman, Preacher, and the like.

Lol, I do this for Monstress.

Black Monday Murders, I also buy digitally at midnight but I usually wait to read it until I pick up the print copy from the LCS and have more time. I just don't have the brain cells to process it during what's supposed to be sleeping time. :nyah:

Southern Bastards, I trade wait.

Edited by aerischan

1 hour ago, the authority said:

Wait a minute...are brain cells a requirement for reading comics ? lol

Surprising, right? It's a nice change to have a comic that takes longer than 5 minutes to read and has quite a bit of replay value. :)

46 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

When I collected much more actively than I currently do, I'd still get the books in my pull, but I wouldn't read them until a story arc was finished. That took discipline at times, but some books are simply better that way anyway.

Was planning on doing this but I just ended up with a large pile of unread comics by the bedside. If a comic isn't something I'm interested in reading immediately or includes a digital copy that I can read at leisure, I remove it from my pull and just trade wait.

That said, really enjoying one and done issues of I Hate Fairyland:bigsmile:

Edited by aerischan

On 3/28/2017 at 1:42 PM, Point Five said:

This is such a great title but the schedule is soooo frustrating.  

#17 was supposed to be out March 22nd if memory serves. I stopped by my LCS yesterday to pick it up, saw it wasn't there and checked the internet. Release date moved to April 12th. . That's bad enough...

...but checking the very same link right now... release date has been moved to May 10th. :pullhair:

Delayed again, now to June 7th. This is just painful.  :cry:  :frustrated:

This and East of West both run on odd/no schedules. It bothered me from a spec point of view but I'm selfish and I want both to last as long as possible. The Authority and especially Planetary had the same problems. They were worth waiting for and so are these series. :bigsmile:

Edited by the authority

On 5/11/2017 at 10:26 PM, Point Five said:

Delayed again, now to June 7th. This is just painful.  :cry:  :frustrated:

Do I even need to tell you? Do I? :taptaptap:  Now slated for June 21st.

3 hours ago, the authority said:

Fill your time with a little Redneck. It feels like these books are taking place in the same world...kind of... 

I took a look at the preview... you're right, looks good! I'll check it out.  (thumbsu

On 6/7/2017 at 4:00 PM, Point Five said:

Do I even need to tell you? Do I? :taptaptap:  Now slated for June 21st.

...July 5th.  zzz   Fast approaching some kind of record for a delay in the middle of an arc.

On 6/18/2017 at 9:25 PM, Point Five said:

...July 5th.  zzz   Fast approaching some kind of record for a delay in the middle of an arc.

Augu... oh lord. Can't even.  :facepalm: