• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Bastards from Image
2 2

989 posts in this topic

The stick/bat on the cover makes me think of Bufford Pusser of Walking Tall fame. I take at least 1 week of vacation every year in the town Tennessee where he was from and I go to Gulf Shores Alabama (home state of the creators) for a lot of vacations too. Nice places. (thumbs u

I definitely read an interview with Aaron where he drew this parallel. Can't remember where though...

Just a heads up, but the books at midtown grand central where littered with production defects. I don't know if the run is plagued by production defects but these books, most of them were *spoon*. I wished I'd look them over more carefully, but I made the mistake of just looking at the spine, edges and corners.

Defects included dents and creases, some strange indentions that looked that bad press jobs, look for defects both on the front and rear cover.

Just a heads up, but the books at midtown grand central where littered with production defects. I don't know if the run is plagued by production defects but these books, most of them were *spoon*. I wished I'd look them over more carefully, but I made the mistake of just looking at the spine, edges and corners.

Defects included dents and creases, some strange indentions that looked that bad press jobs, look for defects both on the front and rear cover.

I preordered from Midtown. You can imagine my excitement to hear the news. lol

the copy I grabbed from my LCS today looks minty fresh. maybe they have a rough UPS guy at Midtown?

Saw those defects at Midtown, but carefully looked thru all 50 of them to pick 2 clean copies.

There was a weird wave defect on most of the spines at the one LCS I went to, I got just 5 perfect copies, gonna go read it now... You wanna talk about bad looking books, the whole stack of the new ASM #1s were annihilated