• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 238 missing tattooz: valuation question

85 posts in this topic

Doesn't the ASM #238 (with tatooz missing) still get a Blue label, but with the notation? hm I'm pretty sure I've seen plenty of those. Much like Harbinger #1.

hm I guess not:

Harbinger #1 too, because without the coupon (which also contains a sub-story about Harada), it is an incomplete book.

:bump:

I like that in the HC collection they published the coupon series sub-story combined. That was a nice touch for those that had not seen them all previously.

This isn't any different than the valiant books missing there inserted coupon. The book is incomplete.

Not quite the same - the Valiant coupons had a story panel on them (Harbinger), or a piece of book-related art (Magnus).

Excellent point, what about Spidy 416 with game cards.

I wanted to find a definitive answer on how this would be graded without the Tattooz so I asked the folks at CGC.  They were kind enough to let me know a book without the Tattooz would still receive the Qualified label.

From CGC "With the Tatooz missing your book would get a QUALIFIED grade and the label would be notated tatooz missing." 

Seems a bit silly to me that people care that much about a tattoo in a comic they're probably going to get sealed in a cgc slab anyway.  I've read my 238 several times, never felt the story suffered from the lack of some silly tattoo :)

14 hours ago, waaaghboss said:

Seems a bit silly to me that people care that much about a tattoo in a comic they're probably going to get sealed in a cgc slab anyway.  I've read my 238 several times, never felt the story suffered from the lack of some silly tattoo :)

but do you understand that some collectors like to have collectables in a condition as close to how they were originally sold as possible?  And presumably you understand why some people want to preserve collectibles so they retain condition.  And presumably the you understand the point of having a third party independent grader involved in grading collectable. 

I get the amount that any of those things matter varies from person to person, and the premium someone will pay for any of those things varies from person to person, but you get why it matters to some collectors right? 

Edited by revat