• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cry For Dawn / Dawn Appreciation Thread
6 6

291 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2020 at 7:37 PM, Legion of Goom said:

I've been hunting hard for the second printing of #1 at 9.8, but with only 2 on the census, my hopes aren't high I'll come across one. I'd be happy with a 9.6 at this point.

If anyone's got one to sell/trade or knows where to find one, let me know!

How much are you hoping to pay?  (It might draw one out...)

2 hours ago, valiantman said:

How much are you hoping to pay?  (It might draw one out...)

I'm willing to negotiate, but hoping an initial offer of $200 plus shipping for a 9.6 may lure one out.

A 9.8, I wouldn't know the right place to start since I've never seen one for sale and GPA hasn't had records of one being sold for nearly 10 years. I'll throw out $500 just to get a number out there.

2 hours ago, Legion of Goom said:

I'm willing to negotiate, but hoping an initial offer of $200 plus shipping for a 9.6 may lure one out.

A 9.8, I wouldn't know the right place to start since I've never seen one for sale and GPA hasn't had records of one being sold for nearly 10 years. I'll throw out $500 just to get a number out there.

Best of luck to you, truly.  You might be able to lure out a 9.6 for $200, but getting one of those 9.8s is gonna be tough, good luck with the search.  If I can track down a 9.8, I may part with one of my 9.6s for a fellow CFD collector.

17 hours ago, RedGiant said:

Best of luck to you, truly.  You might be able to lure out a 9.6 for $200, but getting one of those 9.8s is gonna be tough, good luck with the search.  If I can track down a 9.8, I may part with one of my 9.6s for a fellow CFD collector.

Much appreciated! I was able to track down a 9.6, which will probably be the best I'll be able to find. Tough enough finding one of those with how few are out there.

Best of luck on the hunt for the 9.8! 

40 minutes ago, Legion of Goom said:

Much appreciated! I was able to track down a 9.6, which will probably be the best I'll be able to find. Tough enough finding one of those with how few are out there.

Best of luck on the hunt for the 9.8! 

Glad you got a 9.6. It’s a tough one to find. 

I’ve been posting in WTB thread for some time, but thought I’d try here too just in case someone is watching this thread and sitting on some of these books. 

I am looking for a 7 deluxe letterbox (limited) cgc blue label. Paying $600 for 9.8 and $250 for 9.6. Keep in mind there are currently zero 9.8s.  Also consider 9.4+ raw copies. 

Also looking for 8 limited cgc blue label. Paying $400 for 9.8 and $200 for 9.6. Also consider 9.4+ raw copies but check for rusty staples at inside centerfold first. 

Always looking for other ultra high grade CFDs, so don’t be shy to pm me. 

On 2/18/2020 at 12:15 PM, RedGiant said:

I’ve been posting in WTB thread for some time, but thought I’d try here too just in case someone is watching this thread and sitting on some of these books. 

I am looking for a 7 deluxe letterbox (limited) cgc blue label. Paying $600 for 9.8 and $250 for 9.6. Keep in mind there are currently zero 9.8s.  Also consider 9.4+ raw copies. 

Also looking for 8 limited cgc blue label. Paying $400 for 9.8 and $200 for 9.6. Also consider 9.4+ raw copies but check for rusty staples at inside centerfold first. 

I don't know much about "Dawn" but i just acquired 1700 comics, and i have a ton of DAWN stuff. Drama,Dawn, ect i'm not sure about a lot of this modern stuff. PM me i'm sure i have something you're looking for in 9.8/9.6.... most of this collection is that grade

13 hours ago, KryptoSpidey said:

I don't know much about "Dawn" but i just acquired 1700 comics, and i have a ton of DAWN stuff. Drama,Dawn, ect i'm not sure about a lot of this modern stuff. PM me i'm sure i have something you're looking for in 9.8/9.6.... most of this collection is that grade

There are a few titles, "Dawn" (by itself) and "Crypt of Dawn" are later books (still 1990s, but not the first series).  There are some limited books in those series, but not generally the highest demand.

"Cry For Dawn" is the title you want to see, and then once/if you've found some of them, you'll want to figure out what's what. (thumbsu

4 hours ago, valiantman said:

There are a few titles, "Dawn" (by itself) and "Crypt of Dawn" are later books (still 1990s, but not the first series).  There are some limited books in those series, but not generally the highest demand.

"Cry For Dawn" is the title you want to see, and then once/if you've found some of them, you'll want to figure out what's what. (thumbsu

I have "Drama" 1 which apparently is the 1st color Dawn looking at ebay stuff? 

1 hour ago, KryptoSpidey said:
5 hours ago, valiantman said:

I have "Drama" 1 which apparently is the 1st color Dawn looking at ebay stuff? 

Drama is from 1994, so it's before Dawn #1, but it's a couple years after the Cry For Dawn series ended.  Basically (like most comics) 1994 is bad (for market values, unless you're buying) across all titles, all publishers... too many were made.  By the end of the 1990s, the numbers printed started falling a bit, but demand isn't very high for later 1990s series either.  

Edited by valiantman

1 minute ago, valiantman said:

Drama is from 1994, so it's before Dawn #1, but it's a couple years after the Cry For Dawn series ended.  Basically (like most comics) 1994 is bad (for market values, unless you're buying) across all titles, all publishers... too many were made.  By the end of the 1990s, the numbers printed started falling a bit, but demand isn't very high for later 1990s series either.  

1 minute ago, valiantman said:

Thanks for the info.

On 2/18/2020 at 12:15 PM, RedGiant said:

The 9.8 #9 limited just went off on ComicLink for around 400 I think.  1 of 3 on census.  My least favorite of the limited covers. 

1 hour ago, bluehorseshoe said:

The 9.8 #9 limited just went off on ComicLink for around 400 I think.  1 of 3 on census.  My least favorite of the limited covers. 

That copy is coming my way.

I also picked up a 9.6 #7 deluxe letterbox (1 of 3 on census) and a 9.8 #8 LE (1 of 2 on census) within the last year. 

So now I need two books to complete my 9.8 run:

• #5 LE 9.8 (only 1 copy on census and I know who owns it but he's not selling)
  • #7 deluxe letterbox in 9..8 (there are zero on census)