• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cry For Dawn / Dawn Appreciation Thread
6 6

291 posts in this topic

I'm about to send in a nice lot if anyone is looking for registry points or upgrades. Included will be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, and 9 (all first prints) as well as the CFD calendar. All should grade 9.8.

Also picked up a 7 limited and a 1 third print that should grade 9.8. :whee:

Wow. (worship)

A CFD run of 9.8s would be pretty sweet.

Getting closer. If this next submission works out as I hope, all that will remain that I'll need is a 5 limited and a 5 second print.

I'm about to send in a nice lot if anyone is looking for registry points or upgrades. Included will be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, and 9 (all first prints) as well as the CFD calendar. All should grade 9.8.

Also picked up a 7 limited and a 1 third print that should grade 9.8. :whee:

Wow. (worship)

A CFD run of 9.8s would be pretty sweet.

Getting closer. If this next submission works out as I hope, all that will remain that I'll need is a 5 limited and a 5 second print.

I check in every few months and marvel at that set of yours. I can't wait to see it when you hit them all.

That cover to #4 is my favorite of the run. Congrats!

I know this is a modern, but is anyone going to be getting the Dawn / Vampi series? Looks like there are a few other covers happening for the #1:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/15/dawnvampirella-1-gets-new-cover/

#4 is my favorite as well. I'll try to post a pretty cool pic this weekend of an item related to it. Don't think I've shared it yet.... hm

:popcorn:

I know this is a modern, but is anyone going to be getting the Dawn / Vampi series? Looks like there are a few other covers happening for the #1:

#4 is my favorite as well. I'll try to post a pretty cool pic this weekend of an item related to it. Don't think I've shared it yet.... hm

+1

Frank has all the really cool stuff.

Can't wait! He's also a pretty nice guy.... as he just parted with this that I just paid for:

7100_1.jpeg

:banana::banana::banana:

That's my run!

:applause:

Nice sharp copy!

I've been slowly populating a blog site called the Church of Dawn with a lot of the rare and unique Cry For Dawn items that I've come across in the past couple years.

One of my biggest challenges in looking for CFD stuff was actually finding out what was out there. There's a lot of great resources and knowledgable fans - but the information is scattered all over from Hell to breakfast.

My goal is to build a repository that features discussion about these printed pieces, where they came from, rarity, etc. It's kind of a side project for me, I get to load up a few pieces every here and there, but it's got some great information now - worth checking out. I am trying to track HorrorCon #3 sales as well, along with cataloging examples to help people authenticate the book.

And, if you have any information I don't have posted, I'd love to hear from you.

Frank (AsteroidComix) has been a huge help and influence to start up this site where people who love Linsner's work and have been bit by the collector bug can find out what's out there, what they have and what they might want to look for.

Nice sharp copy!

Thanks! It arrived yesterday and I'm quite happy with it. I never thought I'd end up with one, let alone the whole run! ME HAPPY!!! I doubt I'll chase all the varaints, but I may grab the random one if there's an image that I fall for.

Good luck with the website too!

Nice sharp copy!

Thanks! It arrived yesterday and I'm quite happy with it. I never thought I'd end up with one, let alone the whole run! ME HAPPY!!! I doubt I'll chase all the varaints, but I may grab the random one if there's an image that I fall for.

Good luck with the website too!

Glad you're happy with it (thumbs u

If you decide to chase the variants, shoot me a PM. Have a few of them raw. :devil:

Sorry, got sidetracked and forgot. :(

Original print overlays for issue 4. The three acetate for CMY bound over the negative of the art. Signed by JML.

CFD4_Print_1.jpg

CFD4_Print_2.jpg

CFD4_Print_3.jpg

There's always demand for CFD #1, in my experience the later issues can be a challenge to sell unless you price them aggressively on the low side unless they are high grade. CFD limiteds hold their value pretty well.

Dawn - kind of a tough sell unless they are the limiteds, and even then - a little challenging. The Limited #3 is a steady selller because they only did 1500 of them, but the others lag behind a bid. The #1 White Trash is usually a $40 book and the #1 Look Sharp is $30-$40, depending on grade. All the others are pretty common.

Frank (asteroidcomix) will probably have a solid viewpoint, as he sells them often and does a lot of graded book sales, too.

All-in-all, the stuff that sells easily is the rare, hard-to-find books. The common issues don't usually move as fast.