• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is DC B&W Advance?

6 posts in this topic

I recently bought a B&W Advance of Crimson Mist (one of my favorite storylines). What is a B&W Advance, and if it is a promo, how many of them are made per issue?

Thanks in advance!

and of course, a picture:

$%28KGrHqJ,!lgFBlgwNoPFBQdM72tFJw~~60_57.JPG

On 2/22/2019 at 11:13 AM, Luxx989 said:

I currently have the same question.  How rare are they, what are they worth.  I have two Harley Quinn's, but it took me about 8 years to come across the second one.

I don't really think they have much value. I picked up a copy of the 100 Bullets #1 because I'm a big fan and it was an oddity I hadn't seen before.  Think I paid around $20 or so. Someone has a copy of the Harley Quinn #1 up for around $2000 right now but I wouldn't hold my breath expecting it to sell (one sold a few months back for $19.99). The previously mentioned Batman Crimson Mist is on ebay for $9.99, a little more reasonable there. These would be super easy to scan & print out as many copies as you want once you get hold of an original, if they were selling for any kind of good money that would be abused.

These I believe were given to the comic shop retailer to review and display, then dispose of when the actual book came out. It's hard to tell how many still exist. I would think at the time of the issue, print run might depend on how many comic shops existed. I would think one copy per shop. Most of these advance previews were from the 1990's. When I visited the Wizard World Philly show years ago, I asked around about them to almost every comic dealer big and small and I'd say 95% of them look at me like I had two heads (clueless). They had to have them at some point in their shops.