• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics in the Bronze Age
2 2

139 posts in this topic

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2014 at 8:19 AM, Brando- said:

As a collector I'm grateful there are only two 100 page giants in the Action run. They are tough in high grade, if I were going for a Detective Comics run, I'd be pulling my hair out, there are quite a few in Detective, and they all have dark covers.

Action #437 is a dark 100 pager, and only 1 copy is in 9.8 grade currently.

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2014 at 8:23 AM, vane said:

Do you own that one??

Wow beautiful copy!!!

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2014 at 8:35 AM, Brando- said:

I do not. I've seen it sell on both ComicLink and Heritage for a pretty penny. I wonder if any other copies will appear someday. I don't quite have the resources to search out raw copies that are high grade candidates, so all I can do for now is wait and dream.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 5:50 PM, Brando- said:

Beautiful! I really want the other 100 page giant in the Action run, that black cover...

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 9:30 PM, Paul_Maul said:

It must be really tough holding out for 9.8s of these. I find it hard enough to come by a nice 9.6 or the raw equivalent. My 437 is a possible 9.6, but a 9.8, especially with 100 pagers, is so hard to predict.

BOOM!

Now I have my own copy!!

3105684_Full_Obv.jpg?t=Mi8yNC8yMDE4IDEwOjA5OjA4IEFN

3105684_Full_Rev.jpg?t=Mi8yNC8yMDE4IDEwOjA5OjA4IEFN

:banana::cloud9::whee:

Edited by Brando-

38 minutes ago, Paul_Maul said:

Awesome!! Well done! I've stalled out a bit on this run lately, but every time I get another my enthusiasm returns!

Thanks! I sold a boat load of copper books to get it - so worth it!

I hear you on the stalling and returned enthusiasm.