• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mid-Ohio Con November 27 & 28

20 posts in this topic

Anybody going to the MID-OHIO COMIC SHOW on Nov. 27 & 28, this weekend? Please PM me for details, thanks!

John

http://www.midohiocon.com/

John Byrne

Only convention appearance this year!

Sergio Aragones

Tom Batiuk

Talent Caldwell

Stan Goldberg

Greg Horn

Adam Hughes

David Mack

Dave Nestler

Mike Avon Oeming

Jeff Smith

Matt Wagner

Skottie Young

ALSO...

Dave Aikins

Darryl Banks

Andrew Bawidamann

Scott Beaderstadt

Andy Bennett

Steve Bennett

Christian Beranek

Robb Bihun

Justin Bleep

Pam Bliss

Ryan Bodenheim

Bryan "Stratos" Borgman

George Broderick, Jr.

David Campiti

D.J. Coffman

Saul Colt

Will Conrad

Bob Corby

Jinky Coronado

Joe Corroney

Dan Davis

Jan Duursema

Joe Edkin

Matt Feazell

G.W. Fisher

Brendon and Brian Fraim

Mike Hawthorne

Bob Ingersoll

Tony Isabella

Casey Jones

Justin

Insight Studios

Mark Wheatley

Marc Hempel

Allan Gross

Jerry Carr

John Staton

Harry Roland

Joanna Estep

Leonard Kirk

Bill Knapp

Andy Lee

Jay Leisten

Tom Mandrake

Joe Martino

Jeff Mariotte

Sean McKeever

Angel Medina

Josh Medors

Steve Miller

Jason Millet

B. Clay Moore

Tony Moore

Chris Moreno

Jeffrey Moy

Philip Moy

Joanne Ellen Mutch

Eddy Newell

James Patrick

Will Pfeifer

Eric Powell

Mark Ricketts

Scott Roberts

Dave Roman

Don Rosa

Scott Rosema

Andy Runton

Sponsored by Top Shelf Productions

Michael Sangiacomo

Stuart Sayger

Chris Sprouse

Roger Stern

Paul D. Storrie

Dan Taylor

Raina Telgemeier

Maggie Thompson

Gregory Titus

Matt Wagner

Larry Thomas Ward

Matt Webb

Kevin Wiggins

Thomas Williams

Chris Yambar

Thom Zahler

I will be going once again, I have gone the last two years... as for how big it is, it's held at the Hilton hotel up there in Easton Town Center in Columbus. I feel it's a fairly big size con, but nowhere near as big as Chicago or San Diego, the comic book dealers are all in one room which is in the center of the hotel lobby, and the outlying halls is where the artists, toy sellers, actors, guests, etc. are.

there are about 8-10 Golden/Silver Age dealers who set up there, Koops Comics is always there, and Dale Roberts Comics is always there as well.

it's a great con if your a Silver Age/Bronze Age collector, but if your a Golden Age collector (like me) it's kinda hit and miss, there are some nice books to be found however..but the selections aren't as plentiful as your bigger cons.

but I go every year, it's only an hour away for me, and it is getting bigger each year, with more and more guests.

hope this helps,

I went for a day last year. It's an ok show, but many of the dealers seemed to price silver and gold very much on the high side of the scale. As I recall, spotty grading and missed resto seemed to be an issue with a few dealers as well.

As with any show, be an educated consumer in terms of who you are buying from, and be secure in your own grading/resto abilities if you spend a good chunk of change on raw books.

Any BIG names going to be at the show that the website hasn't listed yet? Missed the last 2 shows (Alan Davis, John Byrne were the guests of honor). Are they going to have a guest of honor? I would think they would try to hype it up some since it is the 25th anniversary.