• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

consignments wanted!

96 posts in this topic

I thought this was a joke at first but I see its real. Got to give you an A for trying . But 20% and all the Ebay and Paypal fees and I have to pay for shipping also , profit is gone. . why would I not do it myself.

Would love to see this one on Shark Tank and see if Mark Cuban or Mr Wonderful would invest but this is probably not going to work.

Anyway bets of luck with this and other ventures.

This just has to be a joke.

There are members here who have done the exact same thing but they built their reputations up through time and hard work.

Making this your first post on a message board is not tye way to build up trust.

that's true but the stuff that I have is and most of the people here are high end buyers which I don't have any high end things, but thanks for taking this post seriously and I will work my way through time and hard work as well!

I thought this was a joke at first but I see its real. Got to give you an A for trying . But 20% and all the Ebay and Paypal fees and I have to pay for shipping also , profit is gone. . why would I not do it myself.

Would love to see this one on Shark Tank and see if Mark Cuban or Mr Wonderful would invest but this is probably not going to work.

maybe I was being clear it's only 20% nothing else and no other fees, and as for mark and mr wonderful I would get kicked out before I would open my mouth. I also watch that show

maybe I was being clear it's only 20% nothing else and no other fees, and as for mark and mr wonderful I would get kicked out before I would open my mouth. I also watch that show

thanks I'm going to make this work, the way I learn is by making lots of mistakes and learning from them!

:gossip: Just so you know ... every major auction house usually takes 10%. You charge 20%

And thy advertise for you.

And take scans

And handle shipping.

And handle payment details.

And are older than 21.

:gossip: Just so you know ... every major auction house usually takes 10%. You charge 20%

And take scans

And handle shipping.

And are older than 21.

His catalog will put Heritage to shame! One day.

And take scans

And handle shipping.

And are older than 21.

and have insurance

and security

and controls

and have processes in place to handle taxes and customs

and have administrative expenses and employees

And take scans

And handle shipping.

And are older than 21.

and have insurance

and security

and controls

and have processes in place to handle taxes and customs

and have administrative expenses and employees

most importantly, they have large customer bases that will buy the consigned comics.... can't blame him for trying, I just don't think he understands the market to the point that this offer didn't make sense... with some time and hard work, maybe one day we will all be consigning comics to him (shrug)

*sigh*

I think a lot of boardies didn't realize there was simply something off about this kid. I reached out to him on facebook, where he had been posting a similar ad in a comic book group. He has a learning disability and perhaps other ailments that he didn't feel comfortable disclosing. My own brother has autism, and I realized Gabriel was acting quite similar to how my brother may act in certain situations.

Word to the wise, take a step back and think about what we're saying. The poor kid was in pretty rough shape when I did reach out to him over this situation.