• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Round of 64

200 posts in this topic

:acclaim: Welcome March Madness Grading Tournament - Round of 64 :acclaim:

Rules for this and future rounds:

1. Four books will be posted. PM me all grades in the order they are listed. Use the template I provided to send the grades

2. Submit your grades in standard CGC recognized increments.

3. Due date for grades for this round is Friday, April 25th at 10:00p (EST) or when the last team submits its grades. All grade submissions are final.

4. No conditional grades will be accepted. Please ask questions to seek clarification before submitting grades.

5. The following is a list of things I will always disclose when posting the scans.

A. Any defects not clearly visible. (ie. NCB creases)

B. Moisture Stains not apparent on the scan.

C. Damage to a book which was not present at the time of grading.

D. Any damage/ scratches on the CGC case which may appear as flaws on the book.

6. Your score will be tallied based on the sum of the points awarded for the grades assigned each book based on the chart below:

Spot on= 20 points

.2 or closer = 18 points

.5 or closer= 15 points

.7 or closer= 10 points

1 or closer = 7 points.

1.2 or closer= 5 points.

1.5 or closer= 2 points

2 or closer = 0 points

Over 2 grades off= Technical Foul -5 points

Bonus (cumulative):

2 books spot on= 5 points

3 books spot on=10 points

The Team with the highest score wins the game and advances. There will be an overtime book posted in the event of a tie.

Good Luck to everyone.

y0ba.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pr03.jpg

Small scans:

Note: There are swiggily lines in all scans. They are faint and are a result of the bottom of the scanner glass being dirty. Here's a good example.

Avengers

Notes: The CGC label does not say centerfold detached. There are no addition notes on the CGC label.

Scan-140422-0001_zpsa5cdc00f.jpg

Scan-140422-0002_zps51ea2191.jpg

Hot Wheels

Notes: Restoration includes: cover reinforced

Scan-140205-0023_zps7f64e93c.jpg

Scan-140205-0024_zps423f3630.jpg

X-Men 114

Scan-140205-0019_zps10b63414.jpg

Scan-140205-0020_zpsa07917d5.jpg

X-Men 266

Scan-140205-0055_zps68ea0625.jpg

Scan-140205-0056_zps464f8f5f.jpg

Large scans:

Note: There are swiggily lines in all scans. They are faint and are a result of the bottom of the scanner glass being dirty. Here's a good example.

Avengers

Notes: The CGC label does not say centerfold detached. There are no additional notes on the CGC label.

p4gr.jpg

bwls.jpg

Hot Wheels

Notes: Restoration includes: cover reinforced

3e3gc.jpg

jl9r.jpg

X-Men 114

rxzx.jpg

axzj.jpg

X-Men 266

p155.jpg

8s3q.jpg

I think all of us participating in this contest should donate to a BlowUpTheMoon CGC Grading Contest fund. Clearly, Christian is spending his own hard-earned money on grading books that should have never been sent to CGC in the first place. :insane:

I think all of us participating in this contest should donate to a BlowUpTheMoon CGC Grading Contest fund. Clearly, Christian is spending his own hard-earned money on grading books that should have never been sent to CGC in the first place. :insane:

+1,000,000

+1,000,000

+oo (thats supposed to be the infinity symbol)

+1,000,000

+ (thats supposed to be the infinity symbol)

+1,000,000

What sorcery is this! how did you do that!? Heretic!!

+1,000,000

turn your keyboard sideways and hit the 8 button.

+1,000,000

turn your keyboard sideways and hit the 8 button.

^^ You've worked in customer support I see

Grades sent.

I'll be interested to see if my acing the first round was an anomaly, or if I actually have a few grading chops after all, lol

Grades sent. My grades must have been really good this time. Christian read them and no response. He's obviously speechless. :shy:

He died laughing? (shrug)

That's probably closer to the truth. lol