• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Round of 64

200 posts in this topic

I had:

AVE - 2.0

HW - 7.5

X-MEN 114 - 9.2

X-MEN 266 - 9.6

Nailed this round with three bulls-eye's :acclaim: .

I was debating 1.5 and 1.8, went 1.5. Shocked it was a 2.

Exact same here... last minute drop from 1.8 to 1.5 and also the X 114 from 9.4 to 9.2... foolish me.

Nailed the other 2 though so got 75 pts. :cloud9:

I'm just following at home after my inglorious exit in round 1. But I recorded my guesses for practice.

This round I would've gone OK on the first three books (one grade point off on each, but not too bad). But on that last one I thought it had a small stain on the lower RHBC. Trying to second guess CGC, I thought it might drop to 9.0/9.2 because we all know that "CGC hammers stains". Did anyone else think that?

I exited stage left round 1! Aaaaaaaarrrgg! But I still like to follow the excitement! And I graded these books too just for the fun and experience.

My grades:

AVE = 1.8

HW = 7.5

X-MEN 114 = 9.2

X-MEN 266 = 9.4

I've read and agreed with a lot of the comments made on the X-Men books. What you gonna do???

Congratulations to all those who advanced and best of luck in the next round and to all those that didn't meet me at the bar!coffeescreen.gif

No losers bracket for a second chance? Lets makes this round robin!!! :baiting:

Congrats jaybuck. Best of luck to everyone left. This is where I start complaining about the bogus books right???

Thanks for a great game Stanley you were an excellent opponent :)

You and I next round. :insane:

Well that was fun. Thanks again to Blow up the Moon and all others involved in putting this together. :applause:

Aside from a few bulleyes I was consistent, I under graded everything, not sure if that is good or not (shrug)

I had:

Avengers # 2: 1.0 (had it as 1.5 and changed it at the last second due to how bad the bottom of the back cover looked)

Hot Wheels # 1: 6.5 (had it as a 6.0, again changed it at the last second).

X-Men # 114: 9.2 (I would not have been surprised if this came back a 9.0, I was surprised it came back a 9.6 :o )

X-Men # 266: 9.6

Good luck everyone going forward!

I knew going against Comicdonna I was going to have to hit a few right on to have a chance. Alas, it was not so.

But it was great fun nonetheless!

Oh, and sour grapes, sour grapes, sour grapes!!! lol

For posterity:

AVE – 1.5

HW – 6.0

X-MEN 114 – 9.2

X-MEN 266 – 9.6