• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB
14 14

1,088 posts in this topic

I bought this book raw in 2015 from a dealer. I had it slabbed (not by CGC) and it came back a 4.0 with minor color touch (a dot on the monster's arm). I then spoke to with someone here on the boards and he made an honest attempt to remove the color touch. Unfortunately it still came back with with minor color touch.  Hey, we tried! I'm happy it is in a CGC holder. 

IMG_1228.JPG

10 minutes ago, Steviehuv66 said:

I bought this book raw in 2015 from a dealer. I had it slabbed (not by CGC) and it came back a 4.0 with minor color touch (a dot on the monster's arm). I then spoke to with someone here on the boards and he made an honest attempt to remove the color touch. Unfortunately it still came back with with minor color touch.  Hey, we tried! I'm happy it is in a CGC holder. 

IMG_1228.JPG

Cool signature that looks genuine even if not recognized by CGC. If the CT removal was successful, I wonder if you would have received a green Qualified because of the signature. Was this pic before or after the CT removal ?  The label says 'small' amount which, in my experience usually means more than a single dot. I don't have an example handy but I have seen 'tiny' amount on the label, which can mean a single dot. Did CGC explicity say it was only one dot in the notes or did your Boardie friend say so ?

14 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Cool signature that looks genuine even if not recognized by CGC. If the CT removal was successful, I wonder if you would have received a green Qualified because of the signature. Was this pic before or after the CT removal ?  The label says 'small' amount which, in my experience usually means more than a single dot. I don't have an example handy but I have seen 'tiny' amount on the label, which can mean a single dot. Did CGC explicity say it was only one dot in the notes or did your Boardie friend say so ?

Thanks for your comments. This picture is after the color touch removal attempt. This is not the best picture but the boardie took out a small piece on the monsters arm based upon the grader notes of the other company. When it came back in the purple slab from CGC we realized that there may be more color touch on the cover so it’s better to leave it alone at this point.

9 hours ago, Drummy said:

That 6.0 was perfect for the grade — bright, excellent centering and registration, white pages, no chips, no writing.  I can see why it went big.

Yes, but regardless of the exceptional quality of this specific book, it is now the new 'base' for future 6.0 offerings. That's just how it works in this marketplace and on these Boards.