• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB
14 14

1,088 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Darthbryan said:

Ha yea I like them too.  I know that August 8 is considered the release date.  Are there copies out there with that date stamp?  This one is exactly one week later on August 15.

I have seen plenty of copies with an Aug 8 1961 arrival date. I’ve seen one copy stamped as late as Sept 1961. 

4 hours ago, KCOComics said:

While not a date stamp, mine has "8/8" written on the cover. 

Actually, that IS a date stamp.  They came in mechanical and handwritten versions, whatever the fancy of the newsstand operator.  Both very cool, especially when they match or are close to the release date.  (thumbsu   

Edited by Pantodude

1 hour ago, Pantodude said:

Actually, that IS a date stamp.  They came in mechanical and handwritten versions, whatever the fancy of the newsstand operator.  Both very cool, especially when they match or are close to the release date.  (thumbsu   

Yep that is the date stamp. FF1 hit the newsstands in August '61. 8/8 is simply Aug 8th (as we all know). :idea:

47 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

A 7.0 copy sold for over $64K tonight on ComicLink.  That is nuts!

a 4.0 went for 20600 with fees!

This book will pass up AF15 at this rate if the movie is good. It's got 5 first apps and the start of a whole universe going for it. FF1 to the mooooon :)

18 minutes ago, drmanhattanite said:

a 4.0 went for 20600 with fees!

This book will pass up AF15 at this rate if the movie is good. It's got 5 first apps and the start of a whole universe going for it. FF1 to the mooooon :)

no fees on CL if you pay by check or bucket full of coins

The FF1 8.5 will be considered a bargain.  A 8.5 CBCS copy sold on CL for 150k 2yrs ago and GRRC sold a 8.0 copy for 100k. So based on the significant increases in prices for all FF1 grades in general, the  8.5 copy did not perform as well as I would have expected, especially considering the hammer on the 9.0 copy.  2c

The beautiful 8.5 copy that sold a year ago on HA for under $100,000 was a steal.