• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB
14 14

1,088 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, CashMoney said:

You are a gutsy man for removing that beauty from a 7.0 case, and submitting it to CGC.  That said, It sure looks nice in that CGC case, especially the confirmation of the White pages.  A stellar outcome....    

Beautiful book. That is one to be proud of. And White pages too! Marvels first family looking great. Enjoy. ?

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:07 PM, SECollector said:

FF 1 6.5 wp.jpg

2 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

ff1-1.jpg

Both are great looking copy's hm I am starting to think that FF-1 in higher grade is BIG time ^^

Edited by woowoo

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

It makes no sense to me why FF1 is not seeing more love in the marketplace. It's such a great book, historical, iconic, all that good stuff. And, as these recent examples show, it is a joy to look at.

Just as a good movie put's a book up up and away a bad one puts it down down and out. I agree FF 1 is seeing love from long time coll but not the new ones sad.

6 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

It makes no sense to me why FF1 is not seeing more love in the marketplace. It's such a great book, historical, iconic, all that good stuff. And, as these recent examples show, it is a joy to look at.

You should take a quick peak at the ff 1.5 on heritage right now. It's nuts. Crushed gpa. 

5 hours ago, woowoo said:

Just as a good movie put's a book up up and away a bad one puts it down down and out. I agree FF 1 is seeing love from long time coll but not the new ones sad.

I've personally seen a fair share of new collectors go after it. Have a look at the copy on heritage right now. Book is trending up. 

The bad movies have definitely influenced, but this book is one of the most important ones regarding historical significance and the impact on the industry. No collection of Silver Age marvel books focusing on key characters and issues will ever be complete without it - good movies or not. Its a matter of time before it gets even more appreciated among younger collectors. Maybe a resurrection of the comic books series, or another (better) movie is what will be needed, who knows?

The book may indeed be trending up, but I see that Heritage 1.5 sale as an anomaly, possibly a couple over exuberant bidders extra excited about a questionable Stan sig? it certainly doesn’t present better than the grade.

1 hour ago, pemart1966 said:

I've always been a big fan of the Thing's depiction in FF1, FF2 and even FF5.  I think they should have left him with this true "Thing" look as opposed to "humanizing" him starting as early as FF3...

For me, the "true" look for The Thing will always be the classic, Kirby/Sinnott version with the flat topped, hard scales of varying depth. 

I loves me some Chic Stone, but it seemed only Sinnott could properly ink Ol' Blue Eyes.

Edited by KirbyJack
-

4 hours ago, BoomCity said:

Book seems to be heading in the right direction. Glad to get into this grade over the summer. 

08291A10-A640-4272-A241-1F1365141C97.jpeg

This makes 3 different date stamps that I've seen on this book.  Two on the HA website have Aug 16 and Aug 23 while a couple more have "Aug 8PM" on them (might be the same book).  Is there consensus on the arrival date?

Edited by pemart1966

6 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

This makes 3 different date stamps that I've seen on this book.  Two on the HA website have Aug 16 and Aug 23 while a couple more have "Aug 8PM" on them (might be the same book).  Is there consensus on the arrival date?

Aug 8, 1961. I have seen date stamps typically from the 8th - 15th. I have seen one copy stamped with a Sept date.