• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB
14 14

1,088 posts in this topic

I still think FF #1 still has room to grow.  When you think that AF #15 copies sell for roughly $8k-$10k/point in low - midgrade , and FF #1 arguably is the 2nd most important SA book, the book that started it all, a 10 center, i believe that it should be inching closer per point, but not overtake AF 15.  

11 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

I still think FF #1 still has room to grow.  When you think that AF #15 copies sell for roughly $8k-$10k/point in low - midgrade , and FF #1 arguably is the 2nd most important SA book, the book that started it all, a 10 center, i believe that it should be inching closer per point, but not overtake AF 15.  

+1.   hulk 1 and ff1 are running neck to neck 

22 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:
36 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

+1.   hulk 1 and ff1 are running neck to neck 

They sure are! What happened to SC #4?  That book was literally neck to neck with Hulk 1

Edited by Dark Knight

48 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

They sure are! What happened to SC #4?  That book was literally neck to neck with Hulk 1

Justice League happened to SC 4.....

(But in all seriousness it still does well, it just seems to have plateaued for now.)

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

16 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

I think it is all about the anticipation of a new Fantastic Four movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. That is the main reason why the prices have gone back up.

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I think it is all about the anticipation of a new Fantastic Four movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. That is the main reason why the prices have gone back up.

It's also been undervalued for so long imo. Now its finally getting noticed.

25 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

It's also been undervalued for so long imo. Now its finally getting noticed.

I think it is the movie hype. An example would be what if Comcast does indeed get the Fox rights instead of Disney?

All of a sudden the FF#1 excitement would cool down. 

This run imho is being driven that there will be a new FF movie done by Kevin Feige and Disney.

It would not look as attractive if Comcast would decide to do another movie reboot.

If Disney doesn't get the movies rights than we would see a flurry of FF#1 buyers selling most likely.

Same thing similar happened with Ohtani rookie cards recently.  Ohtani rookie cards were the hottest cards in the land, until he got the injury,and now have cooled considerably. The bubble for Ohtani cards popped overnight. 

People are fickle,so let's hope this Disney deal goes thru so Disney gets the rights to FF.

(thumbsu

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Just now, ComicConnoisseur said:

I think it is the movie hype. An example would be what if Comcast does indeed get the Fox rights instead of Disney?

This run imho is being driven that there will be a new FF movie done by Kevin Feige and Disney.

It would not look as attractive if Comcast would decide to do another movie reboot.

If Disney doesn't get the movies rights than we would see a flurry of FF#1 buyers selling most likely.

Same thing similar happened with Ohtani rookie cards recently.  Ohtani rookie cards were the hottest cards in the land, until he got the injury,and now have cooled considerbly. The bubble for Ohtani cards popped overnight. 

People are fickle,so let's hope this Disney deal goes thru so Disney gets the rights to FF.

(thumbsu

People are fickle but Ohtani is a flash in the pan.  I'd rather overspend on a proven comic grail.   Risk is a lot lower than a sports athlete

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Same thing similar happened with Ohtani rookie cards recently.  Ohtani rookie cards were the hottest cards in the land, until he got the injury,and now have cooled considerably. The bubble for Ohtani cards popped overnight. 

(thumbsu

The deadline for Comcast to make another troll bid was July 10, I believe. There was no news of any additional offers being made by them by then. Fox wasn't interested in entertaining any further bids from them anyway. Fox has ignored buy out offers from Comcast before because they know it would be a regulatory headache getting it approved.  The deal with Disney has already been rubber stamped by the DOJ and the deal is basically done.  

Whether or not any of this has any or all to do with the surge in FF1 who can really say?  People have said for years how "under valued" FF 1 was compared to other early SA keys for a long time and it seems "the market" likes to pick a different book every year to lavish attention on.  This may have been FF 1's year either way. 

-J.

2 hours ago, tabcom said:

Not sure if Hakes.com reports to gpanalysis, but here is BREAKING NEWS . . . 

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 3.29.26 PM.png

they do report to gpa.  makes The 7.0, 8.0 and 8.5 sold on cl seem like good deals 

Edited by Spiderturtle

16 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

A beauty of a 0.5 copy ending soon! :cloud9:  Already at $3950

FF1

I thought I had a chance to steal this one, but the price shows there are a LOT of savvy collectors out there.  Over $4000 now with an hour to go.  Really nice looking 0.5

4 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Whether or not any of this has any or all to do with the surge in FF1 who can really say?  People have said for years how "under valued" FF 1 was compared to other early SA keys for a long time and it seems "the market" likes to pick a different book every year to lavish attention on.  This may have been FF 1's year either way. 

-J.

As reasonable explanation as any (thumbsu

On 7/11/2018 at 8:02 PM, Dark Knight said:

It could overtake  AF 15 . A lot less copies of FF #1 out there.