• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB
14 14

1,088 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

does anyone know if Greg Reece reports to GPA for his sales.  I was looking at GPA and it had link to his 8.0 but it appears to have sold.  I assume if you link your sales to GPA, you also report when a sales occur.

I recently bought a book from him that showed up...

24 minutes ago, texmurphy2099 said:

this one looks great in person, better than expected, it's dare I say fantastic!!!

ff1.jpeg

So very, very nice! Congrats!

As for me, so long FF #1:

I waited too late and my girl has gone to dance w/someone else. If you're out there and you're reading this, please remember me and think of me every once in awhile.

I love you, 

NoMan

38 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Looks phenomenally good!

Are we missing something? In any case, congratulations!  ? 

missing nothing.  I guess the bottom left scuff mark you can barely see - that starts by the green monsters hand and go down to around the bottom of that crushed car - is what did it.  Maybe its like a 'if it has that sort of thing it can't be above a 6' flaw?  I mean, I bought the book not the grade.  If you take that away from it it really looks like it was taken off this Wednesdays rack.  I have a SC22 thats a 6 that has a similar problem, but still doesn't present as well as this.     

I bought the notes too thinking the same thing

Edited by texmurphy2099

On 8/3/2018 at 4:47 PM, texmurphy2099 said:

this one looks great in person, better than expected, it's dare I say fantastic!!!

ff1.jpeg

On 8/3/2018 at 9:39 PM, Callaway29 said:

Nicest mid-grade I’ve seen!

+1 

Congrats, W(worship)

Has the run-up in FF1 corresponded to a run-up in the other early FF books (I know 4 and 5 are on fire) but wondering about FF3 - which IMO seems to be massively undervalued (or maybe it has spiked as well for all I know)?

1 hour ago, Chillax23 said:

Has the run-up in FF1 corresponded to a run-up in the other early FF books (I know 4 and 5 are on fire) but wondering about FF3 - which IMO seems to be massively undervalued (or maybe it has spiked as well for all I know)?

It hasn't run up (yet), but Walter Durajlija agrees with you: http://www.comicbookdaily.com/collecting-community/undervalued/undervalued-spotlight-402/

On 8/7/2018 at 11:19 AM, Callaway29 said:

It hasn't run up (yet), but Walter Durajlija agrees with you: http://www.comicbookdaily.com/collecting-community/undervalued/undervalued-spotlight-402/

It is also just one of my favorite marvel covers - don't quite know why, it just is :) Fine I have convinced myself that I will add it to my list of books to acquire :) - Especially since FF1 and FF5 are getting out of reach ........ :(

On 8/7/2018 at 10:16 AM, Chillax23 said:

That depends. Does the Fantasti-car or wrong-handed-Johnny appear in the movie? lol