• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB
14 14

1,088 posts in this topic

On 8/9/2018 at 6:42 AM, texmurphy2099 said:

yea.  I'd like to see that .5!  Also what's up?! ComicLink gets 5 different FF1s to end the summer and still cant get back cover scans for most of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CL can rarely bother with back cover scans. astonishing really when you think about it. though when i email them to request images of back cover scans, they usually come through. 

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

The 9.4 Voldy on Clink with the Jack Kirby verified signature on the first page is amazing book. Kudos to CLink for scoring the auction in that one. Hammer thoughts ? 

listed on the exchange with a BIN of 675K. The consignor should stop smoking the cr@p he's currently on.

I took up a more challenging aspect of the hobby.  I am slowly working on putting together the run of Fantastic  Four from Mexico.  This is  Los 4 Fantasticos 1  from 9/62.  This is less than a year after the U.S. version.  This is the first foreign Marvel Superhero book printed outside the U.S.  Interesting Item is that the cover art is Kirby's original  unedited work and the inking is finer and shows more detail.   If you have the money, you can pick up a U.S. copy 7 days a week. While with this there are only 10 known copies and collectors estimate 25 or so in existence.  

lff1.jpg

Edited by BrianR

On 8/8/2018 at 3:48 PM, shortboxed said:

I sold an FF1 0.5 Universal for $1,500 in March 2018. It was $400 over last recorded sale on GPA.

The same copy just sold for $3,500. 

I can understand a gradual increase in demand but this run up has been ridiculous.

Quite true. I sold a very nice cgc 3.0 in July 2018 for $13k and a structurally decent cgc 1.5 for $7k less than a month later. 

3 minutes ago, ArchonEnergy said:
10 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

My old copy!  Stunner of a 2.5!  Gratz again!

Small world!

Idon’t plan to sell it lol 

Good, you should hang on to it.  I do have a higher graded copy so I'm sticking to that :smile: