• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB
14 14

1,088 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, redknight99 said:

Oh?!  Perhaps I should crack and send in for a regrade :shy:   Perhaps in the future my friend.

It's a great copy for a 4.0, nice White cover also. I do see a large crease on the bottom right corner. Also a large reader's crease parallel and next to the spine, more toward the bottom half of the book.  

Edited by Bomber-Bob

2 hours ago, Chickenwings said:

eBay hammer price for a 1.5 old label was $4155.  

Also, heritage sold a 3.5 for $8365 this weekendimageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4b.  

Prices seem to be creeping up.

A3845CF0-32F0-471B-A625-16A713EA96FB.png

0F087801-842E-4F8F-83DA-8D0819B7030A.png

Last 3.5 sold 3 months ago for $5300. $3k, or 57%, in 3 months is more than a creep, hoping this is an outlier...otherwise my FF1 aspirations are going back on the shelf. I don’t let myself chase gains like this...

Edited by Callaway29

I was going to post about the strong prices for both FF 1 copies.  I wonder if the popularity of the Black Panther movie has any influence on the FF title now with these new sale prices.  These new "outliers" with record prices  are showing a trend now, that these are copies with strong eye appeal.  Looks like more and more people are buying the book and not the grade mentality as opposed to previous years.

2 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

I was going to post about the strong prices for both FF 1 copies.  I wonder if the popularity of the Black Panther movie has any influence on the FF title now with these new sale prices.  These new "outliers" with record prices  are showing a trend now, that these are copies with strong eye appeal.  Looks like more and more people are buying the book and not the grade mentality as opposed to previous years.

I suspect it's the Disney/Fox news. I'm also starting to think the hot 100 list is actually driving, or perhaps amplifying, market trends vs just reporting on them (https://www.sellmycomicbooks.com/hot-comics-fantastic-four-1.html). That could be a stretch, but it's a thought I've pondered...

20 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I suspect it's the Disney/Fox news. I'm also starting to think the hot 100 list is actually driving, or perhaps amplifying, market trends vs just reporting on them (https://www.sellmycomicbooks.com/hot-comics-fantastic-four-1.html). That could be a stretch, but it's a thought I've pondered...

Sure anything is possible and can't only be one thing that's driving prices up or down. 

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:23 PM, Callaway29 said:

I say the Disney/fox news.  Also of the big 3-af15, hulk 1, ff1; ff1 has the most room for growth potential

Edited by Spiderturtle

11 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

I say the Disney/fox news.  Also of the big 3-af15, hulk 1, ff1; ff1 has the most room for growth potential

Agreed on FF 1 having the most growth potential. Still an undervalued key and the beginning of Marvel Comics 

2 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Agreed on FF 1 having the most growth potential. Still an undervalued key and the beginning of Marvel Comics 

looking at the top census copies(9.0 and above); hulk 1 at 16 copies, ff1 at 15 copies, af15 at 21 copies.  So ff1 at 9.0 for example appears to be a 1/3 the value of an af15 9.0.  Pretty wide gap.  the fox studio killed the ff franchise

Edited by Spiderturtle

17 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

I was looking at that copy before it sold.  Very nice looking book.  I knew it would sell soon.

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:31 AM, CashMoney said:

This is undeniably a nice copy, but it pales in comparison to Drummy's copy.  That said, looks like FF1 is finally playing catch up with AF15.  When I was a kid, there was only one Silver Age comic that everyone wanted to own -- and that was Fantastic Four 1 -- and every other Silver Age comic (including, without limitation, AF15) was secondary in both value and desirability.  I still feel that way to this day (regardless of the hype surrounding AF15, and the delusional postings here about folks in China lining up in droves to buy AF15).  When the dust settles in a few years, and everyone looks back at the past few years, they will realize that the World's Greatest Comic Magazine and Marvel's first superhero team WILL BE, and should've always been, the king of the Silver Age books.  After all, it is a 10-cent comic - whereas AF15 and Hulk 1 each has a 12-cent cover price, which is 20% more than the 10-cent price of FF1 -- and 1,000% less significant from a historical perspective.             

this 6.0 copy is up for auction in the May Heritage auction!

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:53 PM, Spiderturtle said:

Not too surprising on the 4.0,  the comiclink ff 1 cgc 8.0 is already at a record price

Well presenting lower grade copies are really tough to come by...in my experience. That, combined with the recent news, is really driving the price up on the good looking low grade copies...