• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB
14 14

1,088 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

I bet the advice was to yourself and only to yoursel;).   

It certainly was not widely publicized 

44 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Don't worry folks about losing in auction, I'm sure we will see more copies coming out for sale.  If I was a seller and wanted to unload, now would be a good time to.

very true, but it's not like there's a ton of copies at 8.0 and above but definitely money will drive more copies to the market

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

Don't worry folks about losing in auction, I'm sure we will see more copies coming out for sale.  If I was a seller and wanted to unload, now would be a good time to.

Perhaps. I'd also be tempted to hold tight...patience could be rewarded.

giphy.gif

15 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

I’m still actively buying copies if anyone feels like selling :foryou:

17 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

What are you paying for 8.5's?

Can’t afford hg :cry:

nor do I have your higher end sa clientele 

would have maybe liked to of seen the 6.5 that moved yesterday :)

2 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

6.5 and 7.0 copies I've sold in the last 3 weeks were very nice copies.  

I would expect no less

3 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

Not that in the market for one, but not many 8.5s and above?  8.5-$150k book?

Meanwhile a 9.0 went off at auction for $95K a year ago.

How times change.

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

No talk about the CGC 8.0 at CC that sold for $70k :whatthe:  Even with the tanning on the covers, it still sold for a strong price!!

+1.

Price seems seems right to me since the comiclink 8.0 sold for more than this one.  I believe the comiclink copy should have hit $80k.    The tanning copy appears to be from the collection as the af15cgc9.4 from heritage; that copy had tanning and numbering system on the back cover.  Tell tale traits

Edited by Spiderturtle

How out of control is FF1? Holy cow. I just checked GPA on my #1 and it has doubled since I bought it 3.5 years ago, coincidentally, it is graded at a 3.5.

I bought it to complete my FF Kirby run, and stood on the sidelines as IH 1 and AF15 went to dizzying heights. I was satisfied to have it in my collection and kind of thought it would never amount to much.

I am from the generation where this book was the big SA leader. I wonder if there is any chance it could regain that status?

I doubt it, but I think it is second only to AF15 in importance, which I missed the boat on.

Would AF 15 exist if FF had flopped? 

Edited by Tempus Fugit