THE FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB
14 14

781 posts in this topic

212 posts

yea.  I'd like to see that .5!  Also what's up?! ComicLink gets 5 different FF1s to end the summer and still cant get back cover scans for most of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1,044 posts
On 8/9/2018 at 6:42 AM, texmurphy2099 said:

yea.  I'd like to see that .5!  Also what's up?! ComicLink gets 5 different FF1s to end the summer and still cant get back cover scans for most of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CL can rarely bother with back cover scans. astonishing really when you think about it. though when i email them to request images of back cover scans, they usually come through. 

4,850 posts
8 minutes ago, Ltpink2002 said:

FantasticFour01.5.1.jpg

That’s nicer than other company 8.5 that ended a few months ago on cl.  Probably a $150k book

1,513 posts

sweet baby Kwanza…..I give up...lol....insane book bro.....<3

Edited by squidmo2000

1,214 posts

It's like watching some completely ripped dude's workout video.  Should I be inspired or hopelessly demotivated?

Also, if I take steroids how much sooner can I get to the point where I own a book like that?

4,850 posts

The FF 1 cgc 9.0 and 6.5 that’s ending in cl should give a good idea where the full spectrum of prices fall.  Specifically the 6.0 and above market.  There’s a FF1 pgx signature on 9.2 on CC but that doesn’t really count

3,013 posts

The 9.4 Voldy on Clink with the Jack Kirby verified signature on the first page is amazing book. Kudos to CLink for scoring the auction in that one. Hammer thoughts ? 

24,812 posts
2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

The 9.4 Voldy on Clink with the Jack Kirby verified signature on the first page is amazing book. Kudos to CLink for scoring the auction in that one. Hammer thoughts ? 

listed on the exchange with a BIN of 675K. The consignor should stop smoking the cr@p he's currently on.

3,013 posts
3 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

listed on the exchange with a BIN of 675K. The consignor should stop smoking the cr@p he's currently on.

Thx fir the clarification Peter. I thought it was a auction piece 

9,074 posts

I took up a more challenging aspect of the hobby.  I am slowly working on putting together the run of Fantastic  Four from Mexico.  This is  Los 4 Fantasticos 1  from 9/62.  This is less than a year after the U.S. version.  This is the first foreign Marvel Superhero book printed outside the U.S.  Interesting Item is that the cover art is Kirby's original  unedited work and the inking is finer and shows more detail.   If you have the money, you can pick up a U.S. copy 7 days a week. While with this there are only 10 known copies and collectors estimate 25 or so in existence.  

lff1.jpg

Edited by BrianR

2,281 posts

Earlier this week, I watched an estate auction where a raw FF#1 in 4.5 condition sell for right in the GPAnalysis 12 month average range.

I thought I found a bargain, turned out to be full retail.

1075552301_ScreenShot2018-10-10at3_14_19PM.png.c7fb2f4ff9d36c07fab10b6f932df193.png

12,773 posts
On 8/8/2018 at 3:48 PM, shortboxed said:

I sold an FF1 0.5 Universal for $1,500 in March 2018. It was $400 over last recorded sale on GPA.

The same copy just sold for $3,500. 

I can understand a gradual increase in demand but this run up has been ridiculous.

Quite true. I sold a very nice cgc 3.0 in July 2018 for $13k and a structurally decent cgc 1.5 for $7k less than a month later. 

11,959 posts
10 hours ago, ArchonEnergy said:

Just bought the sideshow exclusive fantastic four diorama too!

96BA1361-D728-49A1-92CE-D476EDCAC2EA.jpeg

My old copy!  Stunner of a 2.5!  Gratz again!

25 posts
10 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Small world!

Idon’t plan to sell it lol 

11,959 posts
3 minutes ago, ArchonEnergy said:
10 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Small world!

Idon’t plan to sell it lol 

Good, you should hang on to it.  I do have a higher graded copy so I'm sticking to that :smile:

25 posts
59 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Good, you should hang on to it.  I do have a higher graded copy so I'm sticking to that :smile:

Did you sell it to a guy named Graham?