• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB
14 14

1,088 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2021 at 5:31 PM, grendelbo said:

I call this my " Alaskan Door Mat" copy.

I got this when I was 11-12 (86-87) for $25 in a NM antique shop.

A grade school friend of mine also had a copy which looked nearly identical. He had moved from Alaska and said his father found his copy being used as a door mat in some shack or igloo.

One day I'll upgrade to a 0.5.

851638916_FantasticFour1.thumb.jpg.210286b98d94f9a86cbc03518a96da5d.jpg

Is it complete?

On 7/23/2021 at 6:35 AM, gadzukes said:

Does CGC do negative grades?  If so this one might get a "-.5" :baiting:

I posted this in PGM after here. The responses were equally ribbing. Consensus was something like 0.5 Incomplete.

On 7/23/2021 at 8:41 AM, grendelbo said:

I posted this in PGM after here. The responses were equally ribbing. Consensus was something like 0.5 Incomplete.

Honestly, I wouldn't be too down on it. 

The cover is still in tact and it's still one of the great books of our hobby. Many people would be proud to own it. Just keep it in Mylar and enjoy! It's a great book. 

On 8/3/2021 at 3:07 PM, Primetime said:

Yes it is. Let’s celebrate by looking at the interiors of my raw copy more closely this week (thumbsu 

Starting with the splash 💦 page 📄  I always liked the policeman colored in orange for contrast. I’m sure kids at that time thought it was a printing mistake 😂 

86370431-4B7D-48D6-9871-15EDCF0285EC.jpeg

The splash page that started it all. Never noticed the orange contrast. Kinda cool.