• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales of Suspense 52 Club - First Black Widow!

31 posts in this topic

If there is a club for this book, I didn't see one.

This is one of my favorite semi keys from the TOS run. One of the most important characters to come from that series besides Iron Man and Hawkeye.

TOS52F_zps1cb43d48.jpg

Great idea for a club. :headbang: I LOVE what Marvel has done with that character in all the movies. Really making her a key player. Always was an underrated character in my opinion. Played a pretty big role in Daredevil when they shared that title. But never had any solo title success. :cry: Which hurt this first appearance for years before the movies began playing a bigger roll in back issue sales. Nice to see the pop this comic has seen. And I don't think it's one of those flash in the pan pops. This is a key Marvel player....and the movies will only add to the fans of this comic. 2c

Add me to the club.

2012-11-07151141.jpg[/img]

This is awesome!

Now three of my favorite Marvel character have their own 1st appearances club...two of which just happened within two weeks of each other!!

Thanks OP!!!

My entry:

IMG_3142.jpg

Serious copy! (worship)

Welcome to the club!!

I have a CGC 9.2 I got years ago. Up until a few months ago this book was undervalued, but them as I previously predicted it seems to have 'popped' and is setting new records. Due to its relative scarcity in high grade I expect this trend to continue. There are a lot of undervalued pre 1965 keys and very few spevulators are buying due to the cost of high grade copies. Other books that appear undervalued are Tales of Suspense 53 and 57; and Strange Tales 110, 115, and 135.