• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7 actors that could replace Hugh Jackman as Wolverine

52 posts in this topic

I know a lot of people don't agree with me on this, but I thought Hardy's take on 'BANE' was fantastic.

I might agree with you if I could understand half of what he was saying through that stupid mask... :(

What a lovely lovely voice :cool:

Just clone Hugh Jackman :insane:

But seriously,I knew this would happen sooner or later :cry:

It's going to be hard to see someone other than Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine.

That's where this thread was heading before our merry band of mirth spreaders came along. But it's all done with camaraderie in mind.

Jackman has become Fox's foundation pulling the X-franchise together. Who does have the acting strength to step in, and potentially surpass his accomplishments?

Tom Hardy has been the lead or a strong supporting actor in a number of movies. His 'Bronson' really proved how far he could take a film.

I know a lot of people don't agree with me on this, but I thought Hardy's take on 'BANE' was fantastic.

Gah. I really disliked his Bane performance, but I really like Tom Hardy. I became a fan of him in Star Trek Nemesis, and that movie was lambasted - so, to each his own. I thought he was awesome in Bronson.

Just clone Hugh Jackman :insane:

But seriously,I knew this would happen sooner or later :cry:

It's going to be hard to see someone other than Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine.

That's where this thread was heading before our merry band of mirth spreaders came along. But it's all done with camaraderie in mind.

Jackman has become Fox's foundation pulling the X-franchise together. Who does have the acting strength to step in, and potentially surpass his accomplishments?

Tom Hardy has been the lead or a strong supporting actor in a number of movies. His 'Bronson' really proved how far he could take a film.

Gah. I really disliked his Bane performance, but I really like Tom Hardy. I became a fan of him in Star Trek Nemesis, and that movie was lambasted - so, to each his own. I thought he was awesome in Bronson.

He was awesome as Bane for me. He was excellent in Bronson.

I also liked Nemesis.

Tom Hardy would be a perfect choice, and much better than Jackman, who only really works because of makeup and CGI.

Have you seen him in Warrior, he's a freaking out-of-control beast:

thumb.jpg

I still think a young Mel Gibson would have been absolutely perfect (I also think Riggs was based on Wolverine) from a size/look/personality perspective.

mel-gibson-lethalweapon-3.jpg

On a side note, Hardy is also reprising the Mad Max role.... hm

Scott Eastwood Wants to Be the Next Wolverine

With Hugh Jackman retired as Wolverine, there is an opening for 20th Century Fox's best known Marvel hero. Scott Eastwood is officially tossing his name into the suggestion box for the role.

Following the Pacific Rim Uprising panel at New York Comic Con, in which Eastwood will play Nate Lambert, ComicBook.com caught up with the actor backstage at Madison Square Garden.

Eastwood, whose career has spanned Nicholas Sparks movies, the Fast & Furious franchise, and DC's Suicide Squad, has yet to suit up a superhero on the big screen. When asked which hero he would like to play, the actor says, "Weapon X," in the full video above.

"I mean, Logan!" Eastwood said. "You gotta give it to Wolverine! Wolverine, all day."

PACIFIC RIM UPRISING Star Scott Eastwood Really Wants To Play The New WOLVERINE

eastwood.jpg

After a brief appearance in Suicide Squad, Scott Eastwood is now looking to break into mainstream blockbusters with Pacific Rim Uprising. It's easy to imagine his future in Hollywood being bright (and not just because of who his father is) and a superhero movie role is surely beckoning. Well, the actor is well aware that fans would like to see him tackle Wolverine and is keen to be given the chance. 

"I love Wolverine," Eastwood said when asked if he'd have any interest in making those fan-casts come true. "He’s one of my favorite comic book characters of all time. He’s a renegade. Total badass renegade. He’s kind of, you know, a loose cannon…doesn’t play by the rules…he’s the kind of character that I love." Pushed on whether he'd be down to play the mutant, he added: "100%."

As of right now, it doesn't appear as if Fox is looking for a new Wolverine but if the Disney deal goes through, you'd best believe that another version of the hero will appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

THE WALKING DEAD's Tom Payne Reveals His Interest In Becoming The Next WOLVERINE

Jesus-walking-dead-wolverine.jpg

Scott Eastwood recently stated that he'd love to succeed Hugh Jackman as the next Wolverine actor, however, the 5'-7" Tom Payne, who plays Jesus on The Walking Dead, reckons he'd also be a good fit.

Speaking to TV Guide, Tom Payne, who co-stars on The Walking Dead, revealed his interest in succeeding Hugh Jackman.  “If they did recast the Wolverine part, I'd be well up for it," said the Jesus actor.

Payne went on to explain why he’d actually be a better fit for the role (at least physically) than Jackman.

"Wolverine is actually like 5'1", or 5'2" or something.  And Hugh, he was brilliant, but he was much, much, much bigger."