• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dojo of Iron Fist! Marvel Premiere 15 Clan!
2 2

99 posts in this topic

On 3/18/2017 at 7:54 AM, keynesian said:

just finished 4 episodes. I can't understand why there's so much negativity surrounding the show. In my opinion, its on par with Luke Cage.

Agreed! I'm not understanding the harsh review either. I think it's WAY better than Luke Cage and that had good reviews. 

3 hours ago, jaybes said:

Agreed! I'm not understanding the harsh review either. I think it's WAY better than Luke Cage and that had good reviews. 

There is money to be made with views and advertising.  Hard to tell the real facts from the greed sometimes. I think its a very good show!  

Roy Thomas was interviewed about Marvel/Netflix not using an Asian actor and he said “I try not to think about it too much. I have so little patience for some of the feelings that some people have. I mean, I understand where it’s coming from. You know, cultural appropriation, my god. It’s just an adventure story. Don’t these people have something better to do than to worry about the fact that Iron Fist isn’t Oriental, or whatever word? I know Oriental isn’t the right word now, either.” “It’s very easy to second-guess anything. You can argue about Tarzan, you can argue about almost any character who came up then is bound to be not quite PC by some later standard or other,” he said. “Okay, so you can make some adjustments. If they wanted to kill off white Iron Fist and come up with one who wasn’t Caucasian, that wouldn’t have bothered me, but neither am I ashamed for having made up one who was. He wasn’t intended to stand for any race. He was just a man who was indoctrinated into a certain thing.”

I think the show is very well done, first few episodes could move quicker but still well done. Need a Shang Chi show. I'm fine with a story about a man who belongs nowhere in this world but wants to. If he was changed to an Asian character would it still work, maybe?